Uncle Jon took Jacob fishing for the first time yesterday afternoon and Jacob was thrilled! He could hardly contain his excitement!
Jacob's enthusiasm resulted in me having to buy him his own fishing pole last night and another trip to the lake with Jon today. He can't quit talking about the fish and the "hook-ups" (that's what he calls the hitches on tractors so when he heard you had to use "hooks" when fishing he automatically thought they were called "hook-ups")
He's already anxiously awaiting this weekend when Jon comes back for more fishing.
Here's a few shots that Jon took yesterday afternoon.
Thanks for checking in! God bless! Scott, Kim, and Jacob




10 comments:
Oh my gosh he looks so big in these pictures! I still remember going fishing with my grandpa and how much fun it was so I'm glad Jacob is getting that experience - and I'm totally impressed that he's not nervous around the fish either! Looks like he had quite the catch too :)
I love his expressions! He's all boy you got there, Kim. Can't wait to see what else he does this summer.
Connie
EEEWWW fish! Love to look at them in clear blue water but don't want to touch them or eat them. Britt didn't mention on her comment that they put fish in the plastic swim pool. Maybe Jacob needs to bring them home as pets? Fisherman Jacob looks like he is having fun!
Aunt Stacy
He looks so proud of his fish! How exciting! Hopefully he will continue to catch them so he doesn't get discouraged! He is growing so much!
Cute! His uncle sure is nice to take him on special fishing adventures!!!!! :)
My grandpa took us fishing back in the day and we used his old cane poles. Very fond memories of catching sunnies off the dock! :)
Miss you!!!
Kim,sounds like he is "hooked" on fishing! All it takes is 1 fish! Right, Scott!! ;-)
Love the expressions, but he doesn't look scared of the fish!
Nice Catch Jacob!!
I completely forgot that we used to do that!! We put my fish in a blue plastic swimming pool in the backyard - I'm sure dad has the pictures.... too funny!
Way to go Jacob! We are heading out this week fishing and camping...hope we catch just as nice a fish as you!
Alissa
I just noticed what his shirt says.....that is CUTE!
Very fitting for a 3 year old! :)
Kim, sorry I havnt commented latly but my computor has been down and I just didnt get along with Ray's. It looks like he really enjoyed the catch. Maybe he will have to take Grandpa fishing someday. Love Grandpa Rankin
Post a Comment