Wednesday, July 7, 2010

June

Hello! Everybody is enjoying a beautiful summer, I hope! We've finally been getting some nice weather - Scott has finally been able to get some haying done and the beans are finally growing! Thank goodness!

Jacob has been busy with all sorts of adventures since I've posted last. Fair preperation is in full swing, we hear updates on the garden every day, and he continues to beg anybody who will listen to take him fishing.

Most mornings Jacob and I head to the farm to "teck on" his pigs. This year he has two barrows - Leonard and Sheldon (do you watch The Big Bang Theory?) and three gilts - Penny, Charlotte, and Matilda. He picked up right where he left off last year and jumped right in with the pigs. He and I "walk" them a few times a week which basically consists of Jacob chasing them while they
stretch their legs!


Jacob is extremely interested in the garden. Scott and I haven't planted peas in years since all we ever do is pick and eat them while we're out in the garden, but this year Scott suggested that we grow some for Jacob. He loves them! We picked a full ice cream pail of them yesterday and each time someone walked through our door he showed them our peas and made them eat some. He's so proud. Every day when we get back from the farm we walk to the garden and see what is "coming up" (to him that phrase includes sprouting, flowering, and just plain finding more peas). His enthusiasm can make anybody excited about anything!

Fishing has continued in Jacob's summer agenda. He's gone out a few more times with Scott and some friends and then with Scott, Kendall, and I as well. Again, he's so excited about the entire experience, as you'll see from the video below. If you've taken Jacob fishing once, you'll not hear the end! He will beg you every minute that he sees you from then on! He loves it so much that we have to pretend that we are fishing with him every day. He's obsessed!


I have more pictures coming from a few other fun things we did in June like going to the Train Museum with Grandma and Grandpa Rankin and also of Jacob flying his kite. Hopefully it won't take me another month to get those up!


Thanks for checking in! God bless! Scott, Kim, and Jacob


Sheldon and Leonard

Matilda and Charlotte

Matilda and Charlotte again.
Charlotte likes to take breaks while we try to walk them outside.

Penny - always finding something to chew on.

Jacob and Charlotte



Jacob feeding his cats - Cherry, Blueduck, and Joe Mauer

Loons!

Ryan helping Jacob.
Our friends are so great with him!


Brandon and Jacob catching a fish. Hilarious!




And he's out!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! He is so cute! THanks for the pics, I love them all. I know Uncle Ben will love taking him fishing when you guys come down next! He is always looking for a fishing buddy. Also, loved that you named your pigs after the big bang theory!

Love - Kori

Jen Robinson said...

Umm...you forgot to mention that Jen and Gretchen were also forced to go to the train museum. ;) JK

Hop on board...I've got my ticket!!!

Very very very cute pictures. Those pigs are huge!!!! I haven't seen them since May...so I guess they were bound to be bigger. :)

Love the pictures on the lake too!

Miss you all...
Love
Jacob's favorite MN Aunt...Jen

Brittany said...

Yay for new pictures and videos!! First of all, the fact that the pigs are named after the Big Bang Theory characters is awesome. Just ask Memaw Burks :) Also, the fact that you have a cat named Joe Mauer is doubly-awesome! Jason will be very proud of that one :)

The video of Jacob fishing is absolutely adorable - his little squeal when the fish flops around is so cute! You can totally tell how excited he is and it's gotta be contageous. Love it!! Thanks for posting!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Kim! I'm already looking forward to pictures & videos of Jacob at the fair!

I love how excited he gets when he is fishing! Just wait til the winter & he wants to go ice fishing!

Maybe see you guys this weekend!

Love,
Jacob's favorite NW MN Aunt - Chetchen

Anonymous said...

Fishing and pigs! I am afraid he won't get to much help from me. Maybe he can teach me how to fish and catch some. love Grandpa and Grandma Rankin But we know we got him with the trains.

Alissa said...

FUN! Looks like you guys are keeping your summer jam packed with fun too. This is definitely a good age to keep them busy. James likes Jacobs pigs hopefully we get up for the fair so we can see Jacob in action. :)
Love always

Anonymous said...

Way fun pictures!! It makes me so proud of him when I see all these things he participates in!! I will have to get out there and see Jake walk the pigs someday!!

Love
The coolest MN "ant" :)

Nick and Kelly McCormick said...

I LOVE how he yells for the net! Too darn cute! But, I have to ask, what happened to "Running Cat"....I hope he's still alive...just off hunting in the woods???

Thanks for posting...and can't wait to visit next week!

Jacob's bestest non-MN aunt,
Kelly

Anonymous said...

This is the second time to post. I had trouble posting on Kori the other day, too. What a character that boy is! I check on your blog all the time to see if there is any new post. This one had me laughing out loud! The names that you pick are great. Randy and I are fans of the Big, Bang, Theory too. How did you come up with those cat names? Keep posting, I love to read about you all.
Connie

Connie said...

I so enjoy your posts. This one had me laughing out loud! What a character that boy is. I can understand him so well now. Love the animal names. Randy and I are Big Bang Theory nuts, too.Take care.
Connie

Anonymous said...

Jacob is the pied piper of cats - that was hilarious! The name Blueduck was my favorite. I also love The Big Bang Theory names. Unfortunately Devin & Christy want to teach my grandchild to call me Meemaw after Sheldon's grandmother.
He is getting so grown up - love to listen to him talk on the videos!
Jacob's best great aunt
Stacy
(GAG is out of town on vacation so yes I am the best one since I made sure I was home to see the new post!)

Anonymous said...

OMG I laughed so hard watching both videos. I cracks me up, he gets so excited over everything. I love all the pictures, keep them coming. Yes Jen you and Gretchen go to go to the train museum also, but I think you all had fun. I can still hear "Hop on board.... I've got my ticket" That was a great day. I want to see the pictures of the butts.
Love, Grandma and Grandpa Rankin

The James Gang said...

Hooray for new pics and video - like I'm one to talk! THe girls and I loved watching the videos. Jacob has grown so much, he really looks tall! Miss you all!

Karen

Grandma Budke said...

I want to take Jacob to the "Wheels
Of Time" at Edelstein the next time
you're down.They have an engine and at least one car parked outside
to visit,many old cars indoors and
a tremendous model railroad.It has been many years since I've been there,so let's see if we can get a bunch to go,okay?Girls and grown-ups,too!