Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fall Fun

Hello! I hope everybody is still able to enjoy a beautiful Fall! Ours has been awesome - no complaints! We've had beautiful, sunny days throughout September and October!

Harvest went well for Scott this year! It was nice and dry, but now they're waiting for some moisture to get some tillage done!
Jacob was very anxious throughout harvest. He couldn't wait to ride in the combine every day! In fact, once Scott and Grandpa were finished in the field, Jacob moved into our friend, Paul's, combine to get some more hours in! He just couldn't get enough! He's also expressed to Scott, more than once or twice, his interest in raising corn. Apparently Jacob thinks we need to get back into corn, though his father disagrees. To appease Jacob's interest we let him ride with Paul during his corn harvest and he got to bring an ear of corn home to add to his grain collection. His collection consists of a jar of soybeans that he keeps next to his bed. On his day to bring show and tell to school, Jacob took his jar of soybeans. He can tell anyone all about the process of raising beans. "First we plant them. Then they grow. Then they die. Then we combine them. Then we wiver (deliver) them to the elevator. Then they smash them up and we feed them to cows." He's got it figured out, I guess! If only it seemed that simple as an adult when it's your livelihood!
Thanks for checking in! God bless! Scott, Kim, and Jacob





Best buddies, Matthew and Jacob, ready to play outside on the first day of snow! Yesterday it snowed all afternoon and into the night!



The train conductor.

The trick-or-treating crew!
Matthew, Jacob, Daniel, & Savanna

Jacob's cubby at school.




Both the Anderson combines going to finish up soybeans.



Jacob waving to Scott just to make sure he doesn't get left behind!



Paul and Jacob combining beans.
Scott helped Paul finish up beans. When we got to the field Jacob wouldn't ride with Scott, he insisted on riding with Paul.



Jacob with Paul combining corn.







He was mad at me for making him come inside.
Don't you love the arms crossed in anger!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, a new post!! :) I love the pictures. Jacob is getting so big, and is quite the farmer!
Oh, and I love the coors light in the last pic! ;)

Hopefully see you soon!

Love,
Gretchen

Brittany said...

Yes, I can't believe how old Jacob looks! And love his show and tell story - very educational lol. Thanks for posting!

Jen Robinson said...

Hi!!! I didn't realize you had a new post! YAY! I love all of the pics. I miss my little buddy! And I just have to say, I think he is mad because he can't drink the Coors Light! :) Hehehe just kidding!

I'll have to email you the pictures of Jake w/Paul Bunyan and Babe!!!

Miss you guys and love you lots!
~Jen

Anonymous said...

He is definitely a farm boy. It's fun to see his excitement through your pictures. I guess I forgot the first snowfall has arrived for MN. I don't know if Trent got any in Northfield. We'll talk to him tonight. But in MN you always have to be ready! Love your posts.
Connie