So, I thought that by titling my last post with a "Take 1" or "Part 1", I would then be forced to post the rest of the fair pictures sooner. We all can see how well that worked! I will post them, but now they have to wait, for with each new season there is a new adventure and for our little man that newest adventure is preschool.
Today is Jacob's first day of preschool. We've been prepping him and he's been prepping us, at least it seems that way. His independence has always been one of his strongest characteristics and today I questioned whether it would show its face a little less than usual as a result of a few nerves surfacing. For a few brief seconds, Jacob argued that he did not want to go to school because he'd rather stay and watch Winnie the Pooh with the other children at daycare, but as soon as the blue bus pulled up to DeeDee's, he flung his backpack on and stormed towards the door. He stopped, just briefly enough for me to snap a picture and then moaned, "Mom, I have to go." I boarded the bus with him to assist him with his seatbelt and after commenting on how cool the bus was, he asked if I was riding with him. I told him I'd follow the bus to the school to walk him into his classroom. By the time I got there, he was already at his cubby with the teacher hanging his backpack and jacket up. There was no time to waste, apparently! He then went straight to the floor and started reading books! What was I worried about?
If only I could magically turn into a fly! How I would love to watch him with all of his tiny classmates! I can't wait to hear the stories from him and, as scary as it may be, his teachers too.
Thanks for checking in! God bless! Scott, Kim, and Jacob
Today is Jacob's first day of preschool. We've been prepping him and he's been prepping us, at least it seems that way. His independence has always been one of his strongest characteristics and today I questioned whether it would show its face a little less than usual as a result of a few nerves surfacing. For a few brief seconds, Jacob argued that he did not want to go to school because he'd rather stay and watch Winnie the Pooh with the other children at daycare, but as soon as the blue bus pulled up to DeeDee's, he flung his backpack on and stormed towards the door. He stopped, just briefly enough for me to snap a picture and then moaned, "Mom, I have to go." I boarded the bus with him to assist him with his seatbelt and after commenting on how cool the bus was, he asked if I was riding with him. I told him I'd follow the bus to the school to walk him into his classroom. By the time I got there, he was already at his cubby with the teacher hanging his backpack and jacket up. There was no time to waste, apparently! He then went straight to the floor and started reading books! What was I worried about?
If only I could magically turn into a fly! How I would love to watch him with all of his tiny classmates! I can't wait to hear the stories from him and, as scary as it may be, his teachers too.
Thanks for checking in! God bless! Scott, Kim, and Jacob
5 comments:
LOVE IT!!! no hugs for mom either huh?
Yay for raising a self assured independant little man!
Oh and since you titled this one "First Day of Preschool" I fully expect a "Last Day of Preschool" ;)
Oh my gosh!!!! I love it! Jacob looks so tall!!!!!! His little legs look so long sitting on the bus! I'm so proud of him for being such a brave boy! :)
I hope he has fun and makes lots of friends at school!
Love
-(MN) Aunt Jen
And so it begins---Jacob's school experience-- the first chapter in a LONG book!!Congratulations,Kim and Scott and to you,Jacob you have begun a lifetime of learning!ENJOY!!!
I can't believe he is school age! And so ready to go. Sometimes you worry about boys more than girls settling in to a structured setting. It sounds as though he is going to do just fine. Love your posts.
Connie
I'm so proud of the little guy! :) I hope he had lots of fun on his first day!
Love ya
Kendall
Post a Comment