Okay, here we go! We're back! I've finally got a minute to sit down and post some pictures for all of our patient viewers! Scott, Jacob, and I have been extremely busy the past couple of weeks. Scott was working on getting fields plowed and is now getting things ready to wean calves. Then, it will be back into the combine for bean harvest! I had my first week of school last week. It went really well! The group of kids I have are great so far and I'm starting to get into a bit of a routine...except for the stack of papers I have to grade! That kind of hit me hard yesterday as my bag coming home from school was full of homework! Anyway, it's been going good and I'm enjoying it so far. Though, I do have to say, I think I've discovered a new speed of talking! It's amazing how fast I can talk when I notice there's only a few minutes left in the period! I hope the kids are learning something!
Now we're to Jacob, the one you all really want to hear about! Well, Jacob has been busier than Scott and I combined, I think! He's taken up crawl racing! If he sees you heading to another room, he starts chugging along to keep up with you. He DOES NOT like being left in the dust! When I go from one room to another, I most often have to talk to him so he can follow my voice in the case that I'm out of his sight and he doesn't know which room I went to! He's always on the go! And, no tumbles down the stairs, yet...knock on wood! We'll see how long that lasts!
Jacob is also pulling himself up to everything that will hold him and, I guess, those things that can't really hold him also! We just caught him this morning standing up to the chair that Scott has blocking his tractors. Jacob was reaching as far as he could to try to get one...and he did! He's determined to play with those tractors! A few nights ago, we put him behind his little walker toy. He pushed it until he couldn't stretch anymore and then looked at us with fright! He did eventually take some steps with it, but then got a bit too sure of himself, fell backwards, and pulled the toy right on top of himself! He was mad at it after that! He sat and yelled at it once I sat him down next to it.
Jacob has also taken up panting like a dog! Where did my child learn this!?!?!??! He literally sounds like a dog panting and he thinks it is so funny! He now does it when he's crawling, when he sees you bringing food to him; he's panting like a dog all of the time!! I don't get him!
Well, I'd better get going! I have some papers to grade and I think Math papers have to be some of the hardest! I hope everybody's enjoying the final days of summer and we thank all of you for checking in!
Jacob is also pulling himself up to everything that will hold him and, I guess, those things that can't really hold him also! We just caught him this morning standing up to the chair that Scott has blocking his tractors. Jacob was reaching as far as he could to try to get one...and he did! He's determined to play with those tractors! A few nights ago, we put him behind his little walker toy. He pushed it until he couldn't stretch anymore and then looked at us with fright! He did eventually take some steps with it, but then got a bit too sure of himself, fell backwards, and pulled the toy right on top of himself! He was mad at it after that! He sat and yelled at it once I sat him down next to it.
Jacob has also taken up panting like a dog! Where did my child learn this!?!?!??! He literally sounds like a dog panting and he thinks it is so funny! He now does it when he's crawling, when he sees you bringing food to him; he's panting like a dog all of the time!! I don't get him!
Well, I'd better get going! I have some papers to grade and I think Math papers have to be some of the hardest! I hope everybody's enjoying the final days of summer and we thank all of you for checking in!
4 comments:
Thanks for the pics Kim, but I think some of them didn't come through. Also, if you didn't assign so much homework, you wouldn't have so many papers to grade!!!
Aunt Gail
I hated to miss you when you were here for Labor Day. It looks as though everyone had fun together. Is this a leave position or a full time job that you've got and what grade level? Your little guy sure is growing and getting his own little personality, isn't he? Keep the pictures and the news coming. I keep up with you girls and enjoy every minute of it. You make me laugh!
I got all the pictures, Gail. I thank you too, Kim, these are a great reminder of the weekend. And it was a good weekend!!!! It was so nice having you all home. Can't wait for "Chris-thanksgiving"! I'm going to need lists from everyone!!!! Oh yeah, I can't wait to see a picture of Jacob with his eye teeth through!! And I really loved the pictures of Jacob and Augie. What cute boys!!!
It's Thanks-Christmas. That seems to roll off the tongue better.
Connie,
It's a full time 8th Grade Math position in a small town about 12 miles south of us. It's just for the year unless I decide to go back to school and get my 9-12 license in Math.
Post a Comment