Sunday, May 4, 2008

Where's the Fire

I am an awful, awful blogger, I know!! I feel terrible for not updating for, I think, two weeks now. To top it off, I only have a few pictures to share with you tonight! Four more weeks and you all will be tired of having to read all of my new posts because I will have so much more time to take and post the many, many pictures that I want to!
Now, that we're pretty sure winter has left us for a few months, though the forecast called for flurries last Friday but nothing became of it, I decided that Jacob needed to be relieved of sweating in the Spider Man snow boots every time we went outside. We would literally have to change the poor child's socks when we got inside because his feet were soaked. So, Aunt Kendall and I ventured to the same fleet store where Scott finds his boots and searched for rubber boots that would allow Jacob to get wet from playing in puddles and not from sweating! There was one pair in Jacob's size and Aunt Kendall could not quit saying how "stinkin'" cute they were and that we had to get them. You see, Scott has recently joined the volunteer fire department and with that and the fact that they were all alone on the shelf, we took it as a sign that Jacob had to have these boots. Oh, and they reflect too, in the case that we might lose him in the dark!
This kid loves being outside! As I've mentioned before, he screams when we start heading towards the door as he does not want the outdoors adventures to end. Since the boots have been brought into Jacob's life, he is often caught trying to put them on, then, stands by the door pointing outside and babbling something that I'm sure means, "Come on, let's go. I'm ready to go."
These pictures were taken while I was unloading groceries Friday evening. I got out of the car and Jacob was standing at the window by the door, waiting to come outside. If only that motivation to help unload groceries would last through his teenage years as well.





This picture I had to post after a conversation I had with mom this week about how frustrated I was that Jacob would not eat the food that we make and how he will not eat any sort of meat unless it's hamburger in spaghetti sauce. She told me to be patient and that he'll start to like it eventually. Today, for dinner, I made myself some chicken nuggets and again, gave Jacob some to try. Usually, in this situation he'll reach for the plate, realize that it's not holding a peanut butter sandwich, grilled cheese, scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, or fruit, and then twist his entire body away from me while shaking his head, "no". However, today, I loaded the plate with a big blob of ketchup, which has been attempted before but hasn't made a difference, and Jacob tested it all out. Kendall, Scott, and I have learned that if we don't watch Jacob or make a big deal about what he's eating, we have a greater chance for success. So, under our breaths we were commentating Jacob's every move without making eye contact with him, and the little stinker ate three whole chicken nuggets, completely saturated with ketchup of course, and a few french fries. We celebrated!
Thank you all for checking in! God bless! Scott, Kim, and Jacob

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You realize the only reason Jacob ate the chicken nuggets was because of the KETCHUP! Good man! I love that you are teaching him to eat the bestest condiment in the world!
Nicole

Anonymous said...

YAY!! James will not eat meat either... I'm not raising a vegetarian!! I swear it!
We've actually had quite a bit of success with BBQ meatballs... he would eat those til he explodes... maybe I need to make bigger piles of ketchup... :)
Love to see him - I LOVE his new boots and they are so "stinkin cute"

Anonymous said...

Ketchup makes all the difference, we have little cups, like McDonalds has and They Dip and munch away!! So cute,

Nick and Kelly McCormick said...

I LOVE the boots, Kim! I can't wait to see him in a couple of weeks!!

Anonymous said...

Kimmy~

I think Kody needs a pair of boots like that!!! They are so cute!!! Oh sorry I mean they are so "stinkin" cute! :)

Hopefully I will get to come visit you and Jacob sometime this summer...once my house is done. :)ORRRR...you could come visit me! I think it's your turn. ;)

Talk to you soon hopefully!!!