Hello! It's been awhile! Just a quick update on us! Scott's been busy in the field combining soybeans and is finally just about done! Rain prolonged this anxious farmer from getting in the field, but now we've had a couple of nice days to dry things up a bit. Thank goodness!
I've been subbing a little bit in Bagley and Clearbrook! It's been so good to see everybody again! I hadn't taught in Clearbrook for almost two years (since I was pregnant with Jacob) so that was exciting to get back there. And, after spending the year in Bagley last year, it was good to go back and catch up with the friends I had made down there!
Jacob has been going to DeeDee's a few days a week and is really enjoying the time with her and the other kids! We haven't had as many troubles with biting this year as we did last year, however, he's taken up hitting the baby there in the face! Aaahh!! I'm thinking about buying him a doll. I guess pretending the stuffed animals are babies is not getting the point across!
That's what we've been up to lately. Now, onto the pictures!
Not only does Jacob run to help put silverware away when the dishwasher door opens, now, he also runs to my aide when he hears the washer filling with water. He often sneaks behind me while I'm sorting and throws whatever clothes he sees into the washer, slipping clean, folded clothes in sometimes as well. He's very good about handing me the clean clothes from the dryer too. If only he could fold them, sort them, and put them away!
Along with the video of doing laundry, I've posted some pictures of the activity that has kept Jacob busy the last few days. As soon as we would put the cans away, he would drag them back out and start stacking. We would often hear him applauding himself after the construction of his grand towers was complete! I don't know who taught him how to build with these. They're just like building blocks I guess!
During his down time from construction work, Jacob reads the latest on farming equipment. This catalog has come to our rescue for the past month at church. It is harvest time so I guess he's decided to set the cattle magazines aside until harvest is over and cattle sale season begins!
Thanks for checking in! God bless! Scott, Kim, and Jacob
8 comments:
I miss him so much!! He is such a little man now. I can not believe how big he has gotten! I can not wait to see him in a month. He is always so excited to help you! Amelia also enjoyed watching the video with me.
Love - Kori
Ohmygosh!! I hope he isn't as big as he looks in these pictures!!! I just told Kori on the phone that I hope Amelia isn't as big as she looks in her latest pictures. I'm hoping that it's just because the pictures are close-ups! And is that his beloved blankie/blankey (sp?) on the floor with him? He can come help Grandma with the laundry or dishes any day -- bring him on down!!
I love how he's not even two and he's an avid reader :)It is seriously too cute.
LOVE the Bud Light!! Good job Aunt Kendall for having that around! I'll get you the pictures I took over the last weekend when we were home sometime this coming week!
Nicole
his looks have changed!! He's looking more like an older toddler than a baby toddler (does that make sense?) It's just that his face doesn't seem to have the baby fat anymore. and the fact that he can talk now is awesome. enjoy the help while he's willing, trust me, it won't last long!
Love ya
Aunt Gail
Yes, that is his blankie! It's the weirdest thing, he doesn't whine for it or cry for it but, if he sees it, then he keeps saying, "deee" (please) until you give it to him.
As for his reading, often when it's quiet, this is how we find him; on his tummy, kicking his legs and studying tractors or cows with this amazing concentration. It's so crazy! He's really into reading a book before bed now, too!
After hearing that Jacob helps with the dishes I put James to work this morning! I agree that we should enjoy it as long as we can before they don't want to help. As for laundry I think some days I wash more clean clothes than dirty! These boys are two peas in a pod.
Keep the videos coming James stops whatever he is doing to come and watch and re-watch Jacob.
He's too cute, but like the others said, he looks like he's grown up in the last couple of weeks!! Can't wait to see him in a few weeks.
Kelly
Post a Comment