Hello! I hope everybody had a wonderful and warm Christmas! We definitely can't complain about ours. The Anderson's came for supper Christmas Eve night after church. It was a great time visiting, eating, and unwrapping presents! Christmas day at nine o'clock, Scott and I were awakened by knocking on our door. Kendall had been chomping at the bit at her apartment, waiting for us to call her to come out and unwrap presents however, our alarm clock (aka Jacob) hadn't gotten up yet. We decided to go ahead and let Kendall in and we waited and waited for Jacob to wake up. Finally, at 10:30 he decided to crawl out of bed. What an odd day, Kendall's up at 7:30, we weren't up until 9:00 and Jacob didn't get up until 10:30. That's completely the wrong order of how things usually go!. We finally unwrapped presents and got ready to head up north! We spent the evening with the Rankin's at Darrell and Karen's. What a great time (despite Jacob's crankiness from lack of a nap; he was asleep before we even made it out of Thief River Falls that night) and great food! They spoil us rotten every time we go up there!
I've posted a few pictures from Christmas Eve, Christmas morning, and some from a few of the happenings around here lately, such as Jacob sleeping in his big bed and not the crib. He has been so good about it. I kept putting it off and putting it off but finally started putting him in his bed one night and it's gone great. We only had a few tough nights when he wouldn't stay in bed and then would get up at 4:30 in the morning. After those nights though, he's been great about it! We do often find him on the floor, but he understands now that he has to stay in his room! It's so sweet watching him crawl up into his bed and pick a book to read before I leave the room! He still has his little sound maker that plays music, but he doesn't seem to rely on it so much anymore other than for the light that it provides so he can read books. He's getting so big!!
I've also posted a couple of videos from yesterday. I started singing "The ABC's" and "Old McDonald" to him and he decided to join in! We didn't get the best performance on video but these will give a glimpse of how entertaining it was. For some reason, he would hold his hands behind his back before he would sing, as if he were on a stage or something. It was hilarious! Of course we have to credit the dance moves to Daddy and Aunt Kendall. They practice calling out different moves to him all the time, such as the sprinkler or shooting the lights out! He's pretty coordinated!
Thank you for checking in! God bless! Scott, Kim, and Jacob
6 comments:
Your son is too cute! I love that he is at the fun age where they will try to copy you! What a singer, I think he has talent, you better watch out American Idol!
Love - Kori
I can't believe you're going to take his crib down!!!!
I love the pictures of him playing with his toys. Aren't you so glad that he can keep himself occupied? What a different personality he has now than when he was a newborn! So fun to be around now! (And I only mean that in a loving way -- we all remember how horrible he was as an infant!!!)
He wasn't much fun as an infant but he sure looks like he's a blast now!! I can't wait to see him in March! It really is hard to believe he will be 2!!
Love you all,
Aunt Gail
I envy you how well he plays by himself! I'll probably have no such luck!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACOB!!!!! Hope you have a fun day with mom and dad!!
Love Jessie
Happy Birthday Jacob!!!
Kim, thank you for being such a good blogger these past 2 years. It has made the distance between Illinois and Minnesota seem not quite as far!!!
Post a Comment