Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Jack In The Box

Hello!!! We've missed you! I hope this post finds everybody warm and ready for the holiday season! A little update: a blizzard hit us this weekend leaving a thick cover of snow for those who enjoy snowmobiling, skiing, and sledding, Scott's been busy keeping the cattle satisfied since we've had below average temps lately (-22 without windchill), I've subbed a few days here and there but have been busy getting ready for Christmas, and Jacob has been changing day after day. He cannot get enough of puzzles and coloring and naming everybody on the Christmas cards! He's been saying more and more words and trying to jibber jabber in something similar to sentences. Also, he's getting really close to mastering a hop or "bop"! I have great intentions of getting him to sleep in the big bed sometime, but just haven't buckled down and gotten it done! I'll admit, it's so easy to just put him to bed in his crib! Since Thanks-Christmas he's become a huge fan of cookies (thank you very much family!!) and now asks for either "dookie" or "cacka" every morning for breakfast! That's an interesting battle everyday!
I've had requests for Thanks-Christmas pictures however, I only have a few so I'm posting some shots of us getting our tree and a few from unwrapping presents during Thanks-Christmas.
The videos I've posted are of Jacob playing with a couple of the toys he received from Grandma Budke for Christmas and his birthday. He's obsessed with opening the Jack in the Box and with somebody spinning the top for him so that the train blows its whistle. They're old fashioned toys that not many kids have these days and he absolutely loves them!!!
Thanks for checking in! God bless! Scott, Kim, and Jacob






Kendall hiding behind her Christmas tree.

Bundled up and ready to go cut down a tree!

Couldn't even wait to get it out of the box!

"Bapa" helping with the new stickers.

Ella's reaction, along with a shriek of excitement,
to every gift she unwrapped

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I love him with the jack-in-the-box. He's so darn proud that he can run it himself!!

I have Thanks-Christmas pictures to post! And, maybe someday I'll actually get it done!

Anonymous said...

I like the one of him at his computer. dad

Grandma Cooper said...

I hope Grandma Budke can get the videos on her computer - she'll love them!!! Grandpa Cooper and I were talking last night about your cold weather -- we surely could not live up there and don't see how you do it!!! Love the picture of Kendall and her tree, will she post a picture of it decorated I wonder? And I am so glad you captured that picture of Ella so we'll never forget her opening her presents. Like you said, each present got the same reaction. What an expression on that face!

Brittany said...

I am just waiting for the day Ella gets married and the photo of her excitement from opening gifts will end up in the slide-show for all to see :) Years and years and years from now of course! I obviously wasn't there but I think that photo says enough for me to feel as though I was :)