Monday, February 23, 2009

The Month of February

Wow! It's almost been a month since I've posted! Sorry! I don't know where February has gone! We're getting ready to take off for Illinois tomorrow morning so I thought I had better post something before we leave. Miss Colby is getting baptized so we're all heading south for the weekend and then Jacob and I are staying down for a little while longer. Can't wait to see everybody!! Jacob keeps saying, "I wuh Elwa." (translates to "I want Ella.")
Jacob's been busy, busy, busy as usual. He's still practicing his letters and is getting better at pronouncing some of the tougher ones. He's been going to daycare a few times a week and loves it! Whenever we pull up to drop him off he repeats over and over, "My DeeDee, my DeeDee!" (DeeDee is the babysitter) Yes, he's learned that wonderful word, "mine" too. Ugh! I'm sure it's a good thing for his independent growth, but it's a challenge getting him to understand when it's necessary to use and when it's not.
Jacob's still interested in music as well. He's figured out how to pull his stool up to the CD player in the kitchen and gives us a mix every day of "Veggie Tales" or "Bob" as he calls it, a little Miley Cyrus (he loves to dance to one of her songs), and the "Elf" soundtrack (his ultimate favorite song is "Santa Baby"). He sings "Santa Baby" over and over and it's hysterical but we cannot get it on video! He's become shy lately. We applaud him when he sings and dances and he runs to bury his head into the couch. I'm sure he gets that from me! Ha!
Well, that's just a little update on Mister Jacob. We hope to see many of you on our trip!

Thanks for checking in! God bless! Scott, Kim, and Jacob

Playing with his top! He's finally figured out how to get it to work on his own!


Checking out the sale catalog for Rydeen's cattle sale.
Jacob's picture made it in the sale catalog as well.

Helping Daddy and Paul get ready for the sale.

Watching "Toy Story" with Tyler and Justis after the sale.
They are so great with Jacob! We are so fortunate to have such wonderful friends!


He was watching his cow video after I had just sorted some
laundry and I guess he found a better seat than before.

My view when I walked through the door to his room
after waiting an hour and a half for him to fall asleep.
He obviously did not want to take a nap and let his room know it
by throwing everything onto the floor! But, I couldn't find Jacob.

Not behind the door.


Not under his bed.


Not under the blankets.


Finally, I looked up and saw him passed out on top of
his changing table covered from head to toe with baby powder.



A little music before bed.

We spent last Saturday at our friends, the Nordlund's, for their annual cattle sale. Last year Jacob sat without taking his eyes off of the cattle once. This year was a different story. He slept for the first forty-five minutes and then had a hard time sitting still. He and I ventured to the back of the shed and found the Stout twins, Nataly and Nora, his buddies from the county fair. He ran right up to them and hugged them and the three played as if they were together every day! We then ventured back to the sale where Jacob decided to bid farewell to every heifer leaving the sale ring, "Bye cow! Bubye cow!" and as the next one entered he reacted with, "Oh, there's the cow!" Quite entertaining!





They found a picnic table to play peek-a-boo behind.

Jacob just kept trying to hug each of the girls over and over! So full of love sometimes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Him sleeping on his changing table...and especially how he's laying with his hands behind his head...is too darn funny! I can't wait to see him this week!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how he has grown up! It seems he went from baby to little boy over night! Can't wait for tomorrow to get here!

love - kori

Brittany said...

Sleeping on the changing table - that cracked me up! And he is so dang cute in his "farm boy gear". I'll bet he and the girls get along so well while you're here!

Alissa said...

I know you are enjoying sister and neice time in IL this next couple weeks but when you get back... I tagged you in a pic game..:) I know you have tons of time for that kind of nonsense! :) ha!