On February 25, Jacob, Scott, and I journeyed south to Illinois for Miss Colby's baptism, which happened to fall on my birthday! It was a long 15 hour drive, but we made it in one piece! Well, a few pieces anyway! It was a fun weekend with the entire family (minus Uncle Ben) and Jacob warmed up to everybody quite well!
After the baptism, we headed to Manito where Kendall and Scott started their trip back to Minnesota and Jacob and I spent a few days relaxing at Chris and Karen's. Actually, I relaxed while Jacob and Ella played and played and played!
I was anxious and excited for this first week of March to fly by as I had found out that my cousin, Kyle, and his wife, Christine, were going to be delivering their twins on Thursday, March 5. How exciting for me! I am never around to see any of the new babies! A sore throat kept me from visiting the twins in the hospital, however, Kyle and Christine let me come to their house the following week and meet Henry Dean and Sophia Rose! I only had to share them with their Grandma Gail! They are so incredibly sweet and Kyle and Christine are such wonderful parents!!
Monday evening, Jacob and I visited Grandpa and Grandma Rankin. Jacob was in heaven! My dad has been busy building wagons and barns from scratch and Jacob couldn't get enough. He had every tractor and wagon out and "farmed" all night! I'm sure he'll be excited to return in May and pick up where he left off!
My original plan was to return to Minnesota on Wednesday the eleventh but, yet again, the weather had other plans in mind. Clearbrook started getting snow, I believe, Tuesday morning and it did not stop until Wednesday night. They're were predictions of us getting between 16-20 inches. I don't know what the final measurement was but it was a lot! Needless to say, this postponed our trip a couple of days.
Jacob and I left to travel back to Minnesota on Friday and made in just under 13 hours! Amazing with a two year old! He is such a great traveler! He sings, reads, colors, decorates his car seat and himself with stickers, and watches movies! He's actually fun to travel with!
We had an absolutely wonderful trip and can't wait to head back in May for our weekend of weddings! Thank you everybody for all of your help with Jacob and for letting us invade your lives for so long!
Thanks for checking in! God bless! Scott, Kim, and Jacob
The two fish of the family!
"What's the big deal?"
That's the reaction we got from Amelia's face!
Kendall said her feet were kicking like crazy under the water though. Unlike his brave cousin, Amelia, Jacob clung to anybody who wasn't in the pool!
Ella prefers to relax in the hottub!
He will do almost anything if it involves the girls!
Even sit still long enough to eat!
Uncle Chris can hardly wait to read from this book every night!
It's his favorite!
I'm kidnapping the girls this summer! They're so great with him!
She found Amelia less than cooperative while putting her pajamas on!
I think Emma needs to come live with me if we have another one!
She laid on the floor and talked to me for about 20 minutes!
She sounded a lot like her mommy, kind of bossy! Just kidding, Kelly!

Henry DeanThese last pictures are from Kendall's camera the day of Nordlund's sale.
I thought they were cute and wanted to share!
5 comments:
Great pictures, Kim (well, all except one)!!!! It was such a fun time when you guys were down and Jacob was soooo funny!! Especially how he would pick one person per day to be his favorite and not have hardly anything to do with the rest of us unfortunate people!! Of course, if you were his favorite for the day, you had him the WHOLE day!!!! We loved it at the motel when we were his favorites!!! Then the next day, we were out and Anna was in!!! Wouldn't have anything to do with us!! And his "oooooookay"!! How cute!! (Emma will love the pictures -- she usually gets left out at picture-taking time!)
I have to say Emma seems so grown up! (I'm sure she probably IS very grown up). And it's cute to see the supposed "little girls" helping with the babies - great babysitters in training! :) Thanks for posting new stuff!
I love your son! Ben and I were talking about having Karen's girls this summer and how eventually there will be so many kids our summer will be full! I can't wait until he is old enough to stay for a visit!
Love - Kori
I agree Brittany...Emma looks/is soo grown up now! It makes me sad! Kim and I were just talking about how long her hair is and I said I wanted her to cut it short again so she didn't look quite like a grown up! Thanks for posting the pictures Kim..it was nice seeing everything I missed while I wasn't there! And those twins...how stinkin' cute they are!
Love
Kendall
Kim,
I'm so glad he wore his little fireman jacket!! I loved it on him...although it looks a little big. Thanks for taking a picture of it for me! And, I agree, the girls are all getting too big! Next time I'm in Manito, I'm going to just let Emma take care of Colby the whole weekend!!
Love you and can't wait to see you guys in May!
Post a Comment