Saturday, March 28, 2009

Good Morning, Choo Choo

This morning, like every other morning, Jacob came hollering upstairs, "Mama, Mama!" As usual, he crawled into bed with Scott and I and watched cartoons. A normal morning would follow with Jacob and I getting up after a few minutes to go and eat breakfast. This morning was different. Scott and I both fell back asleep and did not wake up until we heard Jacob hollering, "Choo choo! Choo choo!" I responded, "You're not watching trains right now, Jacob." Little did I know, I was a few steps behind. I got out of bed and the evidence that made me suspect something odd was going on laid in front of me; the baby gate that blocks the office door and prevents Jacob from getting his hands on our computers. I snuck around the corner to find my ambitious son sitting relaxed in a chair watching Thomas on our computer screen. I quickly asked Scott if he had gone downstairs, gotten the video out of its case and put in the computer upstairs for Jacob to watch. Since we've never watched movies on our computer before I knew what Scott's response was going to be. He responded, "No.", as I suspected. This child never ceases to amaze me!

Thanks for checking in! God bless! Scott, Kim, and Jacob


After watching the movie, I heard clicking on the mouse. Somehow, Jacob found a matching game on the Thomas DVD and continued to play that for an hour!
I think his cousins in Illinois helped him figure these computer games out!

Aunt Kelly and Aunt Kori gave Jacob some bath, soapy, foamy stuff for Easter and we tried it out the other night. I had a video of him playing with it but noticed that he was showing a little too much during a part of the video and decided to leave it out. Sorry!

9 comments:

The Machlitt Family said...

He is so smart! We cannot believe he knows how to do that! There are grown ups who have no idea how to watch a movie or play a game on the computer! Thank you for posting! You should try it more often!

Love - Ben, Kori and Amelia

Brittany said...

And our parents thought we were the smart ones because we knew how to set the time on our VCR when we were 12! What a smart little guy!!

Grandma Cooper said...

He definitely has Grandma and Grandpa Cooper beat in the computer area!!!! I'm constantly amazed by that red-head!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how well he said Henry and Sophia on the phone the other day! Are you still working on Aunt Kori?

Love - Kori

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh! He's going to be a little high-tech redneck! hehehe! He's so darn smart...and not in an observe-and-imitate way...he's really good at putting two and two together on his own! Gosh!

Jen Robinson said...

Kimmy~

Thanks for sharing. What a little brainiac! Maybe I will start calling him Doogie Hauser, M.D. :)

Hope to talk to you soon!
Love
~Jen

Alissa said...

Well whats a boy to do when his parents are lazing about in bed? :) haha!!
AND I agree with Kori you should post more more more more more!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful surprise for you and Scott???Genius in the making I think!!!Good for Jacob! I've ordered a surprise for him, it'll be coming in the mail/ups in the next week or so!You're gonna love me for it.Hehehe!All the little ones are getting Easter gifts from
Great-grandma!

Amy said...

ha! ha!
thats cute and funny!