Thursday, April 2, 2009

Building Blocks

It seems the UPS man made a stop today with a package for Mr. Jacob. I'm assuming this is an Easter gift from Great Grandma Budke! As you'll see in the video he is quite enthused about the building blocks. He's already stacked them up and lined the colored blocks in a row like he does with his trains. Thank you, Grandma! What a great idea for him!
The last video is of him saying a few of his new words. He's really good at saying "Henry" and "Sophia". Two of my favorites are "peanut butter" and "love you". He really tries to get the "L" sound and it cracks me up the concentration and effort he puts into it!
You'll hear Jacob saying "cheese" repeatedly in both of the videos. It's what he calls the camera. Whenever I get the camera out he feels the need to not only say "cheese" at the camera, but also to the camera. He first greets the camera, "Hi, cheese!", then says good-bye to it when we're done, "Bubye cheese!", and on this video he even tells the camera he loves it, "Love you, cheese.".

Thanks for checking in! God bless! Scott, Kim, and Jacob









9 comments:

Grandma Cooper said...

Did someone get a haircut!?!?! I love his "Oh boy" and how his voice goes up high when you tell him to repeat a word after you!! I thought maybe we would hear him say "Aunt Kori" -- not yet? He's got Henry and especially "Phia" down pat!!! And how cute is calling the camera "cheese"! What a character he is but it does probably make sense!

Nice blocks, Great-Grandma Budke!

Brittany said...

That last video was so sweet!! He looks so big with his hair cut short. I remember that getting any kind of mail was the absolute highlight of the week as a kid so I can't imagine how awesome it would be for him to get a package with toys! Good job Great Grandma Budke :)

Anonymous said...

I love his hair cut! He looks like such a big boy! It is neat to see that he loves the good old fashioned toys as much as his high tech toys! Pretty soon he will be talking up a storm and you won't be able to keep him quiet! I also love the "cheese". Too cute!
Thanks for the videos!

Love - Kori

Anonymous said...

He seems to be a cooperative little guy. He is growing up so fast. It is nice to see that he has fun "playing". Does his interest include farm machinery and livestock? Ertl made a killing off the Friedrich's years ago. Love the updates. Take care.
Connie

Nick and Kelly McCormick said...

Kim, he does so good saying Henry and Sophia!! It's so darn cute!!

Connie, I can remember babysitting your boys and 'reading' Successful Farming to them...aka making up stories about the pictures of livestock and tractors!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the videos of Jacob
receiving his new blocks,they were given in response to the building
he did with the soda cans on the beer case!!!I said then that he needs blocks(an engineer in the
making)!I seriously considered the
cardboard blocks that we used in the ECE classroom(cheaper) but they
had to be put together before Jacob
could play with them so since these were on sale? I decided to get them for Jacob instead! Instant
gratification,huh!!Talking is getting much better,too. I notice
he mimics your stress on syllables
as he imitates what you tell him to say,so try to keep the words as
even as you can,please!

Grandma Budke said...

Since I neglected to sign the last
comment, thought maybe I'd better
identify myself(as if none of you
could tell,ha).Kim,I hope you have
a large enough tub for those blocks
and the next job will be teaching
Jacob how to put them away so they won't get lost.I really like his haircut,he looks almost grown-up!
Love to the three of you&Kendall
too!Grandma Budke

Grandma Budke said...

Since I neglected to sign the last
comment, thought maybe I'd better
identify myself(as if none of you
could tell,ha).Kim,I hope you have
a large enough tub for those blocks
and the next job will be teaching
Jacob how to put them away so they won't get lost.I really like his haircut,he looks almost grown-up!
Love to the three of you&Kendall
too!Grandma Budke

Grandma Budke said...

Since I neglected to sign the last
comment, thought maybe I'd better
identify myself(as if none of you
could tell,ha).Kim,I hope you have
a large enough tub for those blocks
and the next job will be teaching
Jacob how to put them away so they won't get lost.I really like his haircut,he looks almost grown-up!
Love to the three of you&Kendall
too!Grandma Budke