This spring Scott and I discussed that our little outdoorsman was probably ready for a swing set. We did not realize, however, that purchasing a swing set was not as easy as going to Home Depot and buying a swing set. We spent a day in Bemidji looking at options and a day on the internet looking at options. Finally, Scott decided that he was going to attempt to build the swing set himself instead of investing a thousand dollars into one (can you believe that the cheapest/smallest kit was around $400 and that didn't include a slide or most of the lumber!). Scott picked out three different plans for sets and gave me his opinion, "Boys love forts! He has to have a fort." So, one with a fort and four spots for swings, rings, and other fun rides was our choice. Scott went to our local lumberyard to purchase supplies, then ordered swings, rings, and a slide from the local hardware store. With some help from a few of Jacob's "uncles", Scott had the fort/swing set up in no time and for less than half the cost of the kit. After it was complete, Jacob, Scott, Kendall, and I spent an entire evening swinging and sliding! I've forgotten how much I love to swing, though I'm looking into getting a more comfortable seat sized for an adult! Jacob's recently discovered how to slide down backwards and to climb back up the slide. I can't wait for the James' to come up next week so Jacob can share his new toy! You did a great job, Daddy!!
Last weekend Mom, Kelly, and Colby came up for a visit! What a fun baby!!! That little chicky is so happy and gives you smiles that make you feel like you are her absolute favorite person! Jacob impressed me again with his sweet, caring gestures towards Colby. If she whined a little, he would pat her back and say, "Ohtay Coby, ohtay" and when she needed toys to play with he came running with the box of baby toys! Of course, if she was playing with a toy in a way that he didn't think was correct, he let her know. I've come to realize, he gets that from me. I'll admit it! Anyway, we had a great time visiting with Mom and Kelly, too! Jacob wouldn't let Mom leave his side. He had a hold of her hand the entire time she was here. I think it's because she pretty much gave into anything he wanted! Kelly was Jacob's best friend while she was trying to take our family pictures! He would not sit with Scott and I because he wanted to sit with Kelly and look at the camera! The little stinker did not make it easy on anybody, but Kelly still managed to get some awesome, awesome pictures! I don't know how she does it, I was ready to strangle the child, but somehow she could get him to crack smiles and laugh hysterically for the camera! Thank you so much, Kelly!!
I'm hoping to get another post up soon of Jacob's recent game of Pretending I'm A Puppy! Yes, that's right, the "acting like an animal" phase has begun and it is quite comical and yet, quite annoying!
Thanks for checking in! God bless! Scott, Kim, and Jacob
Colby kept tipping her chair back, but we couldn't figure out how.
She was so sneaky! We were all stumped!
Please, please, please excuse my loud hollering on this video! I was sort of excited!
6 comments:
Great pictures, Kim, except for the one with me in it!!! You could have left that one out, except I do think I spent most of my time with Jacob watching Baby Einstein's Old MacDonald Had a Farm, which Jacob remembered that he LOVES!!! I think my shoulder sockets and finger sockets have returned to normal after having Jacob pull on them the whole time we were up there, with his "c'mon Grandma"!! Colby was a little trooper while traveling in her car seat all the way up and back, although I think she was fit to be tied when we finally got home. I give in--we probably need to fly next time! We had great fun with you guys and Kendall, and the food was awesome that you and Scott fixed!
Super job on the fort Scott. You are right all boys do need to have a fort. I'm sure it is somthing Jacob will enjoy for a long time. God bless, Grandma and Grandpa Rankin
That swing set looks AMAZING - I am completely impressed! Jacob (and his cousins who visit) are going to have a blast with that (and maybe mom and dad too?).
Also thanks for posting a link to our blog! :)
WOW Scott! Great job on the set it looks awesome!
Jacob good luck at the fair!! Hope to see you there.
Great swing set and fort.Janet
Kim,
We had such a good time! next year I won't let G'ma Cooper talk me into driving. We can spend more time up there if we fly! I LOVED the swing set. Scott did such a good job on it, and I've already showed the pictures to Nick. Maybe Scott can come down and build Colby one??
Love you and miss you!
Kelly
Post a Comment