Hello all!! Glad you haven't given up on us! The last month has been busy with visitors and visitors and now we're packing up to leave for Illinois tomorrow! We can't wait to see everybody and hope to get some good pictures of Jacob while we're down there. I've been bad about snapping shots of his everyday life!
I just wanted to share these pictures and give you a quick update:
Scott started combining wheat yesterday (yay!!) while we're praying for some warm days for the beans! I'm not sure of the exact numbers but I'm pretty sure we've only had about two days over 80 this summer, and not too many over 70 either! But, as I'm typing, the sun is out and the weather forecast says mid-70's for the rest of the week. I hope they're right; that's better than 60's and lows in the 30's as we had a couple nights ago!
Jacob has been busy playing outside with the dogs and on his new swing set. When the weather's been bad, he's been keeping busy playing with his trains and tractors. He's obsessed with baling hay and combining, too!! He announces any field we drive by that has hay in it and is constantly asking if Daddy is baling hay. Yesterday, Scott was combining across the road from our house and Jacob caught a glimpse of it. I was watching him through the window and saw him run a little ways down the lane and then stop and stare. He waved and yelled and then ran a little farther down the lane. I took him out to the field and he got to ride with Scott for an hour or so! Scott said he wouldn't stop talking about it. I asked him if he combined wheat and he said, "No, combine gwain, Mommy." Scott said he was full of questions and he even got to drive the combine up to the grain wagon. What fun for a two-year old!!!
Okay, I have to go pack now for our long trip tomorrow! Can't wait to see everybody and hopefully the sun is out so we can lounge in the pool!!
Thanks for checking in! God bless! Scott, Kim, and Jacob
Isn't he going to crush girls with that smile and those eyes!
Amelia started enjoying herself.
The story on Jacob: He wanted nothing more than to get out of the water the entire time we were there. While we all started packing up and changing clothes, Jacob wandered into the kiddie pool (with some encouragement from Matthew) and made his way up the little slide that we had tried so hard to get him on the previous two hours!! Scott and Amy hurried over to see if they could encourage him down.
Thinking about it.
He accidentally let himself slide without letting go, so Amy had to pry his hands off the rails!
He did it!!! And, went back for more!
And more!
Then pulled Scott to the big slide!
4 comments:
Fun pictures Kim!!! It was SOO much fun having everybody up this summer!! Thanks again to all the visitors!!!
Love
Kendall :)
ha! ha! great pictures! we had a blast with you all, the kids keep asking when we can go back! glad jacob started enjoying the water, even if it took a push!
Thanks for posting the pics Kim! It is weird to think that I will see you in 3 days! Is it too soon?!? he, he!
Love - Kori
The Rankins always seem to have a good time no matter what they are doing. Hope I got a chance to see the troops while you were in Manito for the weekend.
Connie
Post a Comment