Jacob and I made our annual trip to Illinois over Labor Day weekend! Jacob was a great traveler, but the having to stop every hour to go potty sort of wore me out! I'm not sure how many more trips I'm going to be able to make all in one day! I believe the root of the problem is that Jacob opts out of eating on any of these travels. So, instead, he drinks and drinks and drinks resulting in bathroom breaks every hour! The trip home lead me to introduce Jacob to his very first experience of "going" along the side of the road! I put it off for many miles, but it was inevitable! I couldn't take the gas station and rest area stops anymore! We seemed to cruise right along when we cut these pit stops out of our schedule! I guess you do what you have to do when traveling alone with a two year old for 750 miles!
Anyway, our week in Illinois was a blast, packed full of family gatherings, reunions with friends, and shopping trips with sisters!! Jacob went nuts when we finally arrived and he was able to spend the weekend playing with all of his cousins! He's just like the brother that none of them have...yet, anyway!
As for updates on what's going on up Nort': Jacob started daycare on Friday after we got back from Illinois! He absolutely loves it!! Every morning he's up around 6:30 telling me that he wants to go to DeeDee's! I feel like the first week of daycare is so bittersweet; Jacob's having fun and I appreciate the time after school I have to run and get tasks done on my own, however, it completely wears him out! He's so drained at the end of the day (due to both playing hard and the fact that he is stubborn about naps at daycare) that he can hardly make it through supper without falling asleep and most everything involves a fight of some sorts! "I want milk, Mommy." "Okay, I'll get you some milk." "NO, I don't want milk! I want juice!" "Okay, I'll get you some juice." "NO, NO, NO I WANT MILK!" I've come to the conclusion that this is Jacob completely sucked dry of all energy and of the ability to function mentally as well! A few times this week, he's been pleading to Kendall, Scott, or I and we just look at each other with looks of complete confusion! Hopefully this weekend, he'll catch up on some much needed rest!
Jacob's also been busy riding in the combine or the tractor with Scott! It is, without a doubt, his favorite thing to do now! When he's done riding with Scott, he comes home to play with all of his equipment and farm all over again! Scott and I are fascinated with Jacob's imagination! It's so amazing what a two year old comes up with while he's playing!
Scott has been busy in the field, obviously! He finished wheat yesterday and after working ground, he'll have quite awhile to wait for beans to be ready. The weather has been incredibly nice this last week; 70's and 80's! I love it!! We're finally having a few summer days!!
I've been subbing this week; a little Chemistry, English, and some Special Ed! It's been good to see the kids and get back into the school! It's always a shock when you go to school in the fall and the kids have changed and grown up so much, well most of them anyway! It was a good week and I've already got more days on the schedule coming up!
Thanks for checking in! God bless!! Scott, Kim, and Jacob
Jacob and Ella playing computer!
2 comments:
Oh my goodness, I accidently clicked on your blog and was shocked to see that you had posted! THanks for posting all the great pics from Labor Day Weekend! I am surprised that Kendall did not make you post pictures of her!
Love - Kori
It always seems like the time is packed with things to do when you're here, but we really do appreciate you making the trip down!!! It amazes me how Jacob just picks up where he left off with his cousins, like he just saw them yesterday! Great pictures, but I'm wondering, how come there are never any of the "luau"?
Grandma Cooper (or as Jacob called me -- "Grandma Computer"!?!?)
Post a Comment