Tuesday, October 6, 2009

It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

Jacob woke up from his nap today a half an hour early and on the wrong side of the bed, so I tried to lighten his spirits by taking him outside to pick some pumpkins out of the garden. We had an awesome garden this year, despite the fact that it was planted a little late. However, we were unable to harvest much of the vegetables due to a frost a week or so ago. Our pumpkins this year turned out great, but we're waiting for some sunny days to turn the big ones orange (I don't think we've seen the sun for a week!)!

On our way down to the garden, I said to Jacob, "Let's go check out our great pumpkin patch, Charlie Brown!" It just comes out whenever I say "great pumpkin", "Charlie Brown" always follows. I continued to call Jacob "Charlie Brown" while we walked and he tugged on his wagon. This made me remember that Grandpa Cooper has called Jacob "Charlie Brown" since he was born.

We gathered ghords first, against Jacob's will. He must have thought that I had lost it. "No, Mommy, no! Dat not a punkin! Dat NOT a punkin, Mommy! Dare da punkin. Ober dare!" I explained to him that we were picking ghords, too and that he could go ahead and pick some pumpkins. He wouldn't. He was, in fact, being a little Charlie Brown! I pointed out baby pumpkins for him to pick and in his most depressing voice and with a shrug of his shoulders he said, "No, Mommy. Dat too hebby por Dacob. I can't do it. I can't, Mommy." What a Charlie Brown! You'll hear his excuses on the video below. The pumpkin was too heavy, too dirty, he was too cold, or else he wanted to take a picture of the pumpkins instead. He did, however, pull the wagon full of ghords and pumpkins half way up the hill to the house, so I can't say he wouldn't do anything to help!

Thanks for checking! God bless! Scott, Kim, and Jacob







Pointing out his favorites, the baby pumpkins!

6 comments:

The Machlitt Family said...

Okay, so he better be Charlie Brown for Halloween! That video made me laugh so much! He is so funny! I can't believe that he is such a talker! What a sneaky little boy coming up with all of those excuses! I am so glad you posted this video, it made me smile!!
Love - Kori

The James Gang said...

What fun it always is to harvest the pumpkins. They are the last things from the garden to pick, unless you are us and we are just now getting ripe tomatoes! Just in time for the freeze!

Love you and can't wait for Thanks-Christmas!

Nick and Kelly McCormick said...

Ummmm....the phrase 'works hard at getting out of work' comes to mind!

Just teasing! I don't blame the little guy. What a mean mom to make him do all that work!

Kelly

ps - thank for reminding me that I have the DVD of Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin. I'm going to watch it this weekend!

Rankin Family said...

oh poor guy!!!
crazy mommy has to pick everything, cute pictures it so fun to watch little Scott Jr!!!

Grandma Cooper said...

What a little stink!!! Too bad you couldn't find a real little pumpkin or gourd for him to pick for the video, but maybe he was too cranky to do even that!!! (And why is your dirt "poopy"?) I have to say, though, that I did laugh all the way through that video!! Such a cute kid! And yes, Grandpa Cooper has always called him "Charlie Brown", starting at day one!!

Anonymous said...

I love to hear his voice. He is growing up so fast. Keep those blogs coming. I really enjoy them.
Connie