Monday, December 14, 2009

Twinkle, Twinkle, Christmas Star

Hello all! I hope everyone is enjoying their shopping and preperation for the holidays! We have yet to get our tree up, but are still so excited for Christmas this year! I believe it will be really fun with Jacob! He gets so extremely excited about so many things nowadays. Lately, it's been the movie "Polar Express". He can't get enough of it! Speaking of Jacob's excitement lately, I'd like to share with you Jacob's first Christmas program experience. Of course, I have a story to go with the pictures!
We have a preschool Sunday School class that is taught by Kendall and my cousin Nick's wife, Amy. Amy always invites Jacob to come up to class with them, and I always tell her the same thing, "Believe me, you don't want my little monster distracting your entire class!" Well, when it came to the Christmas program this year, Amy wouldn't take "no" for an answer. She kept insisting that Jacob come and sing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Christmas Star" with her class! I finally told her that I would take him to the practice and if he behaved then he could do it, but if he just ran around disrupting the entire program, then we would just wait until next year. I sooooo did not want my child to be "that kid" who destroyed the Christmas program!
So, Saturday, we went to practice! I am proud to say that Jacob was the only one in his singing group who wasn't hanging onto his mother's leg and who actually held his star! He waved bye to me and followed Amy to the front of the church and sang the song along with her! Great job, right! I wasn't convinced. Scott and I both agreed that the night of the program, Jacob would probably still end up being "that kid" who runs around like a crazy child, resulting in every adult in the church wondering what kind of parents we are!
Sunday night, we load into the car and head to church. Jacob starts singing, "Twinkle, Twinkle, Christmas Tar! You hear me, Mommy! You hear me! I ting it, I ting it woud (loud)!!!" Still, I wasn't convinced.
I left Jacob in Kendall and Amy's care and found my spot to catch the action on tape and fearing the worst! The video tells the rest of the story.
I sincerely apologize for the terrible, terrible taping job I did and have done on past videos. It's going to be my resolution to better tape videos of my son for all of you! Most of the time, I'm laughing so, incredibly hard, that I can't focus on the task of taping - which is what happened during this event as well!

Anyway, enjoy the pictures and video!

Thanks for checking in! God bless! Scott, Kim, and Jacob





I did not teach him to bow! I think he learned that from Little Einstein's.
That was a complete surprise to me!
Again, I am sooooooo sorry for the awful videographing!!!!
It's hard to pay attention to it when you'r laughing so hard!!!

Kendall's class saying their lines, upside down numbers and all!

The preschoolers really do make the show!!



Kendall's class!

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Too darn funny!...loving the microphone is in his genes!....I was expecting to see him get in a fight over the microphone like his mom did with Sara Fornoff when she was growing up!

Anderson said...

I forgot, I was going to say on this post that it TOTALLY reminded me of when Sara and I got in a fight over the microphone! He kept trying to get closer and closer to it!

Kim

Brittany said...

First of all, he looks so old in that first picture with his little sweater and hair all done!! And he is not a shy guy at all - what a great job! I'm so impressed :) Hope he has a great Christmas this year!

Anonymous said...

What a little charmer he is. We laughed so hard!! Way too cute.
I agree with Brittney, he does look so grown up in the picture of him with sweater and hair done. Great job Jacob. We love you and miss you.
Grandpa and Grandma Rankin

Anonymous said...

I can't stop laughing either! He is so stinkin cute and I can't believe that he did not perform like that for us at the talent show! Love his hair and outfit! Great job with your class Kendall! Love the blog design Kim and I am so glad that he was not that kid who ran around during the pagent!
Love - Kori

Rankin Family said...

he was the a Star of the show! thats for sure!!
even if Kendall was taking stars and turning them to animals!! ha!ha!
he always does a great job! and was the best behaved, I was so proud to be his teacher!!

Anonymous said...

Your little guy is becoming quite the entertainer. He is definitely not your baby anymore. It's so enjoyable to see him change throughout the years. Keep those blogs coming. I enjoy them so much! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Connie

Grandma Cooper said...

Thanks for the videos, Kim!!! We should have known Jacob would love the microphone, but you just never know what the little ones are going to do out in public!! He's going to be a great singer, I believe!!

And Kendall, your class did great!! I know you were probably sick to your stomach that night, but it looks like you're doing a great job with your class!! Only wish you guys were closer!!!

Alissa said...

WOW!I finally took the time to watch this waiting for cookies. What a little ham! Way to go Amy for making him a star! :)

Grandma Rundle said...

This kid really cracks me up. I can't wait to meet him someday! I love checking your blog to see what he's up to. As busy as I'm sure you are you still need to post more of Jacob.
Thanks for the laughs-Grandma Rundle