Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Whole Lot of Christmas!

Note: To view these pictures in the correct order, you will need to first scroll down to the bottom of this page and view them backwards. Sorry, I didn't have time to switch them all around once I'd posted them!

Merry Christmas!! Jacob is still greeting everybody at the door with, "Merry Christmas!" and if one doesn't respond in the same manner, he'll say it over and over and over until he hears the same greeting back!

What a crazy and wonderful holiday season! Of course, it all started off with Thanks-Christmas in Illinois over Thanksgiving. I don't have many pictures to post from that celebration, but a few of one of the gifts that Jacob received. Jacob was blessed with flu for four days while we were down for the holiday, starting on Thanksgiving day! He was a trooper though! I couldn't believe how much energy he had even though there wasn't an ounce of nourishment that stayed in him!

The week before Christmas, along with shopping and prepping for meals, the flu struck the Anderson home. Scott was first, then Jacob a few days later. I had it the day after Jacob and then Kendall went through it on Sunday, a day or two after me! We were in the clear for Christmas though, and that's all we cared about!

Next on the list was Christmas Eve! We practiced our usual tradition of going to the beautiful church service, then to our house for supper, and finished the evening with Anderson's exchanging gifts! So much fun! One gift that Jacob received was a tire swing that's built into the shape of a horse! I know he'll just love being able to use it once spring arrives!!!!

Christmas day we woke up to snow coming down. Our plans are always to head to Thief River Falls to spend the day with the Rankin's at Darrell and Karen's. However, the weather had another thing in mind. The snow kept falling and wind started blowing so we had to stay put in Clearbrook and rescheduled for Sunday. Scott, Jacob, Kendall, Caleb, and I unwrapped our presents and had a super relaxing day after. Scott and Caleb went ice fishing while Kendall and I watched movies and Jacob played with his new toys! That evening, Jacob climbed onto Kendall's lap and snuggled in (totally not a Jacob move) and Kendall noticed that he felt warm. Yes, Jacob became ill, yet again! He kept me up for two nights, but felt better on Sunday so we went ahead to Thief River Falls!

What a great time and great food too!! This is the only Christmas I've ever gone to that provides the option of ham OR prime rib....two of my most favorite meats!!! We had a fun gift exchange, but had to bail out quick as the flu hit Caleb as we were starting dessert...poor, poor guy! We got home and I assumed I would get a full night's sleep since Jacob seemed to be feeling much better. Right before bed, the fever spiked again and we had another completely sleepless night. I took Jacob to the doctor the next morning to discover two ear infections! Seriously, I worry this child is going to have nothing left of his ears with all the infections he's had!

So with two rounds of flu and two ear infections we made it through all of the Christmas celebrations! This is what I get for bragging that Jacob was hardly sick at all last winter! I've learned my lesson!

Check in tomorrow! Hopefully I'll have some birthday pictures! He is sooo excited that everybody is going to sing happy birthday to him! That's all he talks about!

Thanks for checking in! God bless! Scott, Kim, and Jacob



Jacob received a road mat to play cars on from his Grandparent's From Way Up Nort', Darrell and Karen! They said that the last time he stayed with them he wouldn't leave theirs so they searched until they found one for him! It's a hit! He LOVES it!!!


Notice the rosey cheeks! This was the day after Christmas and Scott was outside plowing snow! Jacob so badly wanted to go ride on the tractor!!

So much snow!!!

Christmas Eve.
This is the tire horse swing he got from Grandma and Grandpa Anderson! So cool!!!


Giving the cow a ride to the vet clinic! That's my interpretation anyway!

He has all the cows lined up to go into the barn and all the calves in the lot eating hay. This child will make a "train" out of anything! Last night at supper it was a train made of napkins!

This was one of Jacob's presents that he received at Thanks-Christmas. My dad made an extension onto Jacob's barn. There are two pens with swinging gates for his animals! He LOVES it!


Some videos of Christmastime!:




7 comments:

Jessie Heitkamp said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACOB!!!! It was fun playing with you this weekend!

The Machlitt Family said...

Happy Birthday Jacob! We wish we could be there for your big day! However, we are glad to see the fun you had at Christmas! Hope you get to build a snowman!
Love you lots!

Aunt Kori, Uncle Ben,and Amelia

P.S. You are a blog decorating queen Kimmy! Ha ha ! Love it!

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!!

It looks like you guys all had a great holiday this year. The snow seemed like a bummer since it changed your plans but it's so pretty!! :) Hope Jacob gets to enjoy it without being sick again!!

Jen Robinson said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD! Hope you were able to "shake your booty butt" to the Chipmunks!!! :) I had fun dancing and playing with you this past weekend!!!!! We all liked spoiling you and making mommy mad! :) Haha!

Hope you had a great day!!!!!!
Love
~Jen

The James Gang said...

Kim,
I think you need to work on Jacob not licking the outside of his mouth so much. His tongue is outside of his mouth more than it is in his mouth!lol I'm sure he is suffering from severe chapped lips!
concerned aunt karen

The James Gang said...

Kim,
I think you need to work on Jacob not licking the outside of his mouth so much. His tongue is outside of his mouth more than it is in his mouth!lol I'm sure he is suffering from severe chapped lips!
concerned aunt karen

Grandma Budke said...

Jacob, there is a gift coming to your house from the UPS man. It's
a birthday gift and after Dad gets it put together you will be able to
help move snow around and in the summer you can help move dirt.Love to your and Mom and Dad from Great-
grandma Budke