Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Clearwater County Fair 2010

Hello! I hope everybody is staying cool in this crazy, hot weather we've all been having!

Last week we were busy at the County Fair, which I LOVE! I'm already anxious for next year! Yes, it's hot and yes, it's a lot of work, but I can't help but love it and I think Jacob has inherited that same excitement! This year, however, Jacob was not only enthused about his pigs, but also about his social life. He woke up every morning last week asking if he was going to get to see his "best friends" that day. He became buddies with a couple of young boys in the beef and pig barns and everyday the three would gather around Jacob's tub of toy tractors and farm for hours!

Jacob did well with his five pigs. Penny won Champion Duroc gilt, Charlotte got first, Matilda second, Leonard second, and Sheldon got third. We also gathered some wheat and soybeans for Jacob to take and he received a first and second with those.

The showring seemed old news to Jacob on show day. He was more concerned about who all had come to see him show. That and the 80+ degrees and super high humidty we had that day made him a bit distracted. But in the end he pulled it all together for the last class and did a great job! Needless to say, he crashed, sweating puddles, after the show!

I promise Grandpa Rankin, the train pictures WILL get posted! I haven't forgotten!

Thanks for checking in! God bless! Scott, Kim, and Jacob





Jacob and Charlotte
He was so proud!


Kendall trying to hold the gate shut - she's become quite the hog wrestler!
If you look close you can see that I'm giving Jacob the, "either show your pig or you can't be in the ring" talk. Then I remembered, he's 3!


And, he decided to stay in the ring to show Leonard!



So excited!! Penny got 1st place!!




10 comments:

Jen Robinson said...

Yay!!! Thanks for posting the pictures and video!!!! Maybe someday I'll get to come watch Jake show his pigs!!! :) You know...I did get 2nd place showing pigs at Ag-Arama...even after I tripped over my pig. I could teach him how to do that without falling!!! Haha!!!

I miss my little buddy!!!! And I miss the rest of you too....

Love
~Jen

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!! What to go Team Jacob!!! Love you guys. Hope to see you in a couple of weeks.

Love -Sherry

Rankin Family said...

yay! he did a great job showing! the kids still talk about the show and the pigs!
we are big fans of team Jacob!!
great job!

Rankin Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures Kimmy!! And helping with the pigs really isn't that bad,but I will probably continue to complain about it. :) If it hadn't been so hot and overwhelming I maybe would have been a bit more patient. Sorry! Good job to Jakers and everybody else keep it together! :)
Kendall

The James Gang said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures so quickly! I love seeing him in the show ring - he looks like a little man! It is in our blood, I'm telling you! There is a lot of work and it is hot, but I think there is also a lot of pride in the work that you do and in the end result. There is nothing wrong with that! Thanks for the pictures, I really enjoyed them! Love you all, give Jacob a hug and kiss for me and tell him I'm proud of him!

Aunt Karen

Anonymous said...

Jacob is an old pro at showing. At the age of 3 he sure knows his way around the ring. I know you girls have always enjoyed the fairs and the work that goes with it. Jacob is right up there with you. So glad to see your post. Enjoy the rest of your summer.
Connie

Anonymous said...

WooHoo - fair pictures - I have been watching for them (took me some time to comment tho - sorry) Procrastination is my middle name!:) I agree with Karen - he is such a little man - the girls are going to start going wild on him soon!!! Hope you moving is going smooth!!! Aunt Stacy

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I had no idea that Kim posted pictures. Great job Jacob! He is so stinkin' cute all gussied up and ready to show! I am so proud of him. He will keep getting better and better each year!

Love - Kori

Anonymous said...

I have been following Jacobs blog for years. Sorry I never commented.
I loved listening to him learn how to talk. He was very cute at the fair last year, and very confident for a 2 year old. This year he really is a little man. I'm sure you are very proud.
Grandma Rundle-Amelia's Grandma