Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pigs

Hello, all! I did not realize that it had been since April that I've posted, so here are some pictures of Jacob's pigs that we are getting ready for the fair in August! Scott bred and raised these pigs so it's kind of neat that we're actually taking our own stock and breeding this year!

Jacob has been keeping busy outisde helping with the pigs, playing with the dogs, or digging in his sandbox! He's also getting quite practiced on his bike, but won't quite let me take the training wheels off yet. He and the dogs go on walks with me some mornings - me, a seven-year old golden retriever, a six-month old australian shepherd, and a four-year old boy on a bike - it's quite an interesting walk! Last week, one of the cats, Cherry, decided to join us as well!
When the weather doesn't cooperate for Jacob to enjoy the outdoors, he's perfectly content playing with his trains and tractors inside! He's always telling me what new tractor or train he wants.

Jacob and I just returned from Illinois. We made the trip down for our Ehlers-Danlos Support Event in Manito! My family hosted this event for others with EDS to come and get information and share experiences! We had a good turnout and were able to meet some other families affected by EDS! It was a great, but quick, trip! I believe, though, that next time Jacob and I venture to Illinos I may think long and hard about getting plane tickets instead! 13 hours of "Where does that come from?", "Why did God make that?", "Why are they going that way?", "How long until we get there?", and "I gotta go to the bathroom!" has worn me out. And yes, Dad, I'm sure as you read this you're thinking, "The apple hasn't fallen far from the tree". I'll admit it! I remember being the Chatty Kathy in the car and now I'm learning what it's like on the receiving end! I think I STILL have a dull headache from it!

No, really, to be honest Jacob is a great little travel buddy, even though he does talk my ear off! I wouldn't have him any other way! He's absorbing everything these days and wants to know as much as he can about anything he sees! I tell myself that when I'm about to blow from all of the questions! He's just curious, and a curious mind is a great thing to have! I don't know how to make him understand, though, that the wheat will not be brown and ready to combine tomorrow. He asks me constantly!!!

Thanks for checking in! God bless! Scott, Kim, and Jacob



Turner (Kendall's dog), Huck, and Jacob


In no particular order...
Hank 1, Duke, Bernadette, and Mamma Mia



Wallowitz and Raj


Our pen of durocs like to jump! I think we may start a circus!





The pen of jumping pigs...
Daisy, Raj, Wallowitz, and Hank 2


They know when he's around they get fed and played with!


Bernadette - always the first in line for food

and the noisiest until she has a pan in front of her!


There she is again!

3 comments:

Alissa said...

yay for an update! :) Jacob is growing so quickly what happened to our little boys?

Anonymous said...

The continued names from The Big Bang Theory. What a cute little farm boy you have! You'll have to post when he shows at the fair. Has it been terribly hot where you are at? The weatherman says that MN is hotter than IL. That's hard to believe. I so enjoy your posts. Take care. Are you coming down for the Mason Co 4-H Fair? It may be a bit cooler.
Connie

Anonymous said...

Some nice looking hogs Jacob, youve done a good job. We cant wait to see with cattle. They still are favorites. You keep up the good work sorry we didnt see you when you was down oh well maybe better luck next time love you Grandma and Grandpa Rankin