We made it through another fair week! I say this because Jacob and I love the fair and Scott really doesn't mind missing it! But we get through it and actually have some fun while we're at it! This year was Jacob's third year showing pigs! We took five total: three gilts and two barrows; Mamma Mia, Bernadette, Duke, Daisy, and Raj. Jacob did excellent! He was very focused and extra enthusiastic! I can't remember his exact placings so I'll have to get back to you with those on my second round of pictures!
The pictures below are courtesy of Amy Rankin! She and the kids not only come to watch Jacob show bright and early Sunday morning, but also willingly drag Jacob through the midway to ride rides...crazy lady!!
So, here are the first round of pictures! Hopefully tomorrow I'll get some more pictures from my camera and some videos as well!
Enjoy!
Thanks for checking in! God bless! Scott, Kim, and Jacob
Just ask Matthew, he'll tell you over and over!
His hat was dripping with sweat!
Fish!
Matthew, Daniel, Peyton Berg (one of the gang), and Jacob
I love this picture! Too funny!
So proud of him!
Obviously proud of himself as well!
Our nanny, Kendall. She does pig showing as well.
BEST NANNY EVER!!
One of my favorite pictures!
Scott and I were busy helping run the show since we're swine superintendents now, so Kendall took over making sure Jacob was where he was supposed to be and had the right pig, as well as directed him in the show ring!
BEST NANNY EVER!!
Scott and I were busy helping run the show since we're swine superintendents now, so Kendall took over making sure Jacob was where he was supposed to be and had the right pig, as well as directed him in the show ring!
Thanks Kendo!!
8 comments:
These are great pics!!!! Jacob looks so comfortable with the pigs and showing - it is amazing how young he is!
Way to go Jacob!!!! Your pigs look so clean and pink - bet they were the best looking ones there!
Good job! Aunt Stacy
YAY JACOB!!!!!!! GOOD JOB BUDDY!!!! I'm so proud of you!!! You sure are becoming a swine expert. :) I'm glad you had so much fun at the fair!
Can't wait to see more pics!
Love and miss you very much...
-Jen
Good Job Jacob!! Looks like you had a great time at the fair!! :)
After reading this post, I had to go back & look at the posts from the last 2 fairs. I highly recommend to everyone to go back & watch the video of the 2009 fair. It brought tears to my eyes!! :)
I hope you guys are having a great summer. See you soon!
~Gretchen
Way to go Jakers!!!! You looked like such a pro helping Aunt Kendo with your pig!! Amelia loved all of your pictures and wants to pet your pigs! She says good job!!
Keep the pictures coming!
Thanks for posting Kim. Great job Jacob, can't wait till the cows come into play. He looks so comfortable with the pigs, it is truly amazing. I love seening the pics of him with the Erickson grandkids, it is great to see them all together. All of those kids including Jake are getting so big. Keep up the good work.
Miss you Jake and see you soon.
Love, Grandma and Grandpa Rankin
Gretchen,
I know what you mean! That video makes me cry! I need to get organized and put all of the videos on a DVD so we can watch them from time to time!
Or, as Kendall mentioned the day of the show, we need the videos so we can watch them to improve our game from year to year. Cracked me up!
Can't wait to see you!
Kim
Wow! Your little guy is very impressive. He is a pro at a very young age. Thanks for the post.
Connie
Wow! Congratulations, Jacob, on being a winner at the Fair!
You sure know how to make those pigs behave. Keep it up!
Tell your Mom that she does a great job making this website for you so we can see all your adventures.
Bye for now,
Your grandma Corrinne's friend from St. Paul, Susan
Post a Comment