Karen called a little over a week ago and acted sort of...silly while discussing Jacob's gift with me (if you know Karen, you know how she gets when she's up to something) . She informed me, in a dramatic manner, that she had completely forgotten that we were flying and she just thinks his gift will be too large to take back on the plane. Of course, as she's saying all of this she's giggling that giggle of hers which makes me wonder, "What is so funny? I'm confused!" Anyway, at the end of the conversation she reminds me that all the spoiling I've done to her children will be paid back to mine!
Still confused, Scott and I were a bit nervous while trying to figure out if she was bluffing or, if not, what annoying contraption did they get Jacob.
Well, the box came and inside was Jacob's first wagon, a John Deere one to top it off! Not such a bad gift to be spoiled with, we thought. What is childhood without a wagon to pull around, especially on the farm? This picture keeps popping into my head of our little red-head pulling his John Deere-green wagon through the yard with our dog, Ellie, trotting behind. That thought brings back so many memories! Though, I believe our wagon was red and rusted! Below are some pictures of Jacob playing with his first wagon.
The other gift that Santa dropped off early was a new digital camera for me! I wanted a small, inexpensive one to take along with me in my purse and in the diaper bag for those, "Oh, I wish I had my camera!", moments. Scott and I ran (okay, drove) to Bemidji last night for the last minute Thanks-Christmas shopping and he decided to buy my Christmas present early! So, we experimented with it this morning while Jacob went for a walk and played with his wagon!
Okay, so apparently my new camera creates larger video files than my old one (obviously) and I've tried uploading it for, literally, the last three hours and it still won't work. So, there is not a video on this post. Sorry!
4 comments:
Kim!!! I found you through Rhandi. Jacob is so adorable! You have such wonderful pictures of him. I'll have to check more often to see how he grows. It looks like you're doing well. Have a happy Thanks-Christmas in Illinois! Beth Emme
Hey Kim!!! I just checked and was shocked that there were new pictures already!!!! I love these and I'm thinking Jacob has really grown!!! We can't wait for Wednesday to get here!! I'm calling Karen right now to tell her there are new pictures, in case you haven't!!! I love the picture where Jacob is laughing and we can see his teeth!!! How cute!!!
Karen really knows that every child needs a wagon--great job,Aunt
Karen!!! And good pictures of Jacob
enjoying it!! I loved his laughing picture, his new teeth look so
grown-up, he is really getting so big!!!
James loves to watch the videos of Jacob! me too! That wagon is awesome!!!
Post a Comment