We finally got our Christmas tree up and decorated, while watching the classics, "Pluto's Christmas" and "Mickey's Christmas Carol", I might add! It sat in a snow drift for two weeks, but has now found its happy home in our basement and fills the living room with Christmas joy!! It filled me with so much Christmas joy that I slept on the couch in the basement after I had decorated it and left the tree lights on all night. Well, it was either that or sleep upstairs with Scott who had caught the stomach wrenching flu that I had two days prior. So, I opted for the couch, Christmas lights, and one of my favorite Christmas comedies, "Elf". Speaking of Christmas movies, does our Christmas tree bring any particular classic movie to mind?
We ventured to Kendall's apartment on Sunday evening to help her set her "gigantic" tree up. It was during this adventure that Jacob finally got the chance to meet Chester, Kendall's cat, face to face! Though Jacob has attempted this encounter numerous times, Chester has been less than interested in the grunting red head chasing him. It was a night of celebration for Jacob and I only wish we could have captured it on camera. He was filled with so much excitement, that he could hardly hold it in. He clapped, he screeched, he dove into Kendall's lap; all because he finally got to touch, or at least point at, the fluffy cat at Aunt Kendall's!
4 comments:
What a beautiful tree!!Are both of these Kendall's or is one of them
yours and the other Kendall's?
They bring back memories of the Christmas trees we had when I was a child--long before the days of sheared trees.I believe Ralph Hein-
horst raised Christmas trees and perhaps they were sheared some but
not the way they do it now!!!
I love the pix of Jacob and Chester!!!
Grandma Budke,
I do believe both pictures are of the same tree!!! See the floor lamp behind the tree in each picture!?!?!?!? Hopefully, Kendall will put a picture of her decorated tree on the blog.
Kim, I think a video of Jacob and Chester would be wonderful!! I'm surprised he's so tickled with Chester since you have dogs. It must be the size factor!!!
Yes, both of the pictures are of our tree. Sorry, I should have clarified that.
The tree does have a long-ago look to it, doesn't it. I like it!
Correction mom, we have one dog and Jacob is completely fascinated with her too! He'll sit for 10 minutes and talk to the dog so this must be a new animal fascination that he is going through. Last night, he read a book to our dog and then tried giving her the book! I was rolling!!!!!
Cute pictures Kim! You know me, I'm not a cat person...but they are still cute pictures. I can't believe how big Jacob is getting!!!Oh, and your tree is very pretty too!
See you next weekend! Hope you have a Merry Christmas! Kaylee and Kody's birthday party is tonight and then we'll be having a weekend full of Christmas celebrations with the family. :)
Love ya!
~Jen
Post a Comment