Last Saturday was sort of a "lazy" day for this Anderson clan. The thermometer read about -10 and that's not including the wind chill which made the ten below feel about like thirty below, or so Scott told me. Jacob and I didn't leave the house and Scott was only outside long enough to feed cows. Scott kept a cozy fire burning all day in the fireplace while I kept busy with my usual Saturday routine (laundry, cleaning, and baking). That afternoon, I found Scott and Jacob entertained in another manner. Through the wonderful world of technology, Scott has been able to watch numerous cattle auctions on the internet. Jacob made this discovery on Saturday afternoon. He climbed up onto Scott's lap and nestled in to watch. Before long, Scott had a chair pulled up beside him just for his little sidekick. Jacob thoroughly enjoyed the auctioneer and the cows. Every few minutes I could hear him laughing and babbling to the screen.
I've posted a few pictures of our future cattle buyer and also a video of him reading his favorite book and making his favorite animal sound. Hope you enjoy!
Thanks for checking in! God bless! Scott, Kim, and Jacob
5 comments:
Here I was all set to hear Jacob
give us a "MOOOO". Surprise,Grandma! It was a pig sound and very well done at that!
Grandma Cooper told me that the
little Einstein book is a favorite
of Jacob's so I was very happy that I found it. It has been very
cold down here but NOT like you've
had.I watch the weather channel and
have seen the forecasts up there.
Chris has said that it's been cold
in Jacksonville, but I think that
Minnesota has us all beaten for COLD!!!!!BRRRRRR!!!
That's too funny that he likes to watch the cattle auctions! It reminds me of babysitting Trent Friedrich when he was Jacob's age and he'd want me to 'read' Successful Farming to him...which consisted of making up stories of the pictures of the tractors and livestock!
How cute, Kim!!! It's hard to imagine that he could be anything else but a cattleman (unless it would be something with computers)!!!! And it's so nice for you that he'll sit there with his dad and watch the computer, although I know he wants to be there all the time!! I'd love to see his face while he's watching the cattle auctions. And isn't it great that he loves books so much?!?!?
The pig snort is so great!!! John was putzing in the kitchen and had to come over and watch the video too. "What the heck was that" he said.
More Jacob updates please!!!!
Post a Comment