After numerous comments from Scott about our poor child's hair looking more and more like little girl's hair, and from Kendall about wanting to put piggy tails in Jacob's hair, I finally made an appointment for Jacob to come with me and get his hair cut.
Uncle Ben said that I was holding on to a certain stage of Jacob's life and wasn't wanting to let go. I laughed at that suggestion. However, when it came down to getting it done, I found that I did put the task off for as long as I possibly could. It was sort of difficult to see his little curly mullet go. The curls have not been back since the cut, though we still have a hunch that this kid may end up with curls again someday. I've posted some pictures of Jacob's hair day; one before the snipping started and some others of the final "do". He looks so much more like a little boy than a little baby now!
Uncle Ben said that I was holding on to a certain stage of Jacob's life and wasn't wanting to let go. I laughed at that suggestion. However, when it came down to getting it done, I found that I did put the task off for as long as I possibly could. It was sort of difficult to see his little curly mullet go. The curls have not been back since the cut, though we still have a hunch that this kid may end up with curls again someday. I've posted some pictures of Jacob's hair day; one before the snipping started and some others of the final "do". He looks so much more like a little boy than a little baby now!
I've also posted a video of Jacob helping Scott and I with the groceries one evening. It's nothing too exciting, but he's now a fan of taking items out and putting items back in; whether it be the fridge, a cabinet, a box, or the canning jars he loves to play with. We've been trying to direct this newfound fun into picking up. Every once in awhile it works! Okay, seldom does it work, but we're trying anyway! On the video, you can kind of see his new dance he performs when he's excited. He takes these fast little steps and sometimes goes around in a circle. He reminds me of a bird doing a dance! It's quite comical!
Thank you for checking in! God bless!! Scott, Kim, and Jacob
3 comments:
Love the new 'do, Jacob! And just think, you got rid of your mullet just a couple of months after your three-year old cousin!!
Love you!
Aunt Kelly
Oh, he does look like a little boy!!! (Not that he didn't before, but he seems to have lost that baby look!!) And I love the video of him, I could use some help unloading my groceries --- bring him down here!!!!!!
I love his hair! I also love watching him and listening to his little sounds. I really miss that !
kj
Post a Comment