Monday, March 31, 2008

I Know Where the Plates Go

If Jacob is in the house and you open the dishwasher, you'd better watch out. Before you know it, you're tripping over a little redhead who's screeching with excitement because you have just opened the door to a world of fun. It's become a trick at our house to try to get the dishwasher door open, quickly place a dish on the rack, then close the door before Jacob gets his hands in on the "fun". I've posted a video of Jacob at work and though he doesn't necessarily put things where they belong, he's a big help!!

Another video that I posted is of Jacob's reaction to a new toy that Mom and Mark delivered when they arrived Wednesday night. The Watson's sent a crazy laughing-hysterically Elmo for Jacob's birthday and as you'll see in the video, Jacob wasn't too sure of the toy at first. He begged to sit up on my lap, while the rest of us were truly entertained by the rolling Elmo. Today, though, Jacob carried the Elmo over to me repeating his version of please, "Beeee, beeee, beeee, beeee, ..." (which sounds very similar to his version of beep, beep, "Be, be!"). Anyway, he was begging me to make the Elmo do its tricks and is now totally amused with the furry creature. Thank you for the fun gift! And, thank you to everybody else who sent gifts up for Jacob! The clothes, the videos, the sunglasses, the books, and, of course, the tractor (Jacob saw it and instantly made his tractor sound) were all wonderful surprises to us! Thanks so much!

Last, but not least, I've posted a video of Jacob's new, favorite pastime; reading cattle magazines. This child has honestly sat on the couch for an hour straight, reading "The Register", the monthly Simmental magazine. We don't know what got him started on it other than the fact that Scott always has one in his hand. We're guessing that might be where he picked up on it. Jacob will come storming over to us, reading material in hand, pleading, "Beeee, beeee, beeee!", until we pick him up and sit him on the couch so he can point at every page saying, "Mmmmm, mmmmm, mmmm! 'Babble babble babble!' Mmmmm, mmmm, mmmmm!" I guess we didn't have enough reading material on pigs!

Thank you all for checking in! God bless! Scott, Kim, and Jacob




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Jacob likes his elmo. Abbey got one for christmas and i have been looking for one since. I love it too!! It always makes me laugh. Can't wait to see you guys

love you,
Aunt GAil

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe how much he has grown since Christmas! Good to hear he is liking Elmo - every little kid should LOVE Elmo! It is hard to think that we won't see you guys again until August...I do love reading the posts and seeing the videos of Jacob (aka Scott Jr. according to Danny). Hope the spring is going well for you guys.
Danny and Nicole

Rhandi said...

He is such a little farmer in the making and quite a good helper! Love the videos :)

Anonymous said...

Now all we have to do is find out who his real father is, cause you know he did not get his enjoyment of dishes from scott.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what is more precious, Jacob putting the plates in the utensil drawer or Scott putting the plates back in the dishwasher so Jacob can do it again!
Alissa

Nick and Kelly McCormick said...

I absolutely love the picture of him reading his cattle magazine! He looks like such a little man.

And, I cracked up at his fear of Elmo. But, I'm sick like that!