Monday, August 11, 2008

County Fair '08

Last week began our annual venture to the Clearwater County Fair. Scott took four pens to the fair including: cow with a heifer calf, cow with a bull calf, replacement heifer, and replacement bull. He placed 1st with all four pens! It was quite exciting and we were very proud!
Jacob also kept busy at the fair helping everybody with their animals and exploring all the new places to climb and run through. He, at first, wasn't so sure about all the people who wanted to pick him up, however, after he realized they usually took him to see the pigs or to pet the cows his attitude changed. He learned that when certain people came up to say, "hi", he could stick his arm out to grab a hand and usually get somebody to take him for a walk to see more animals! He didn't often take no for an answer either.
He was anxious to go along with all the kids and "help" them with feeding, bedding, or cleaning. They were all so great to let him tag along or, most of the time, just pick him up and take him with! He had so much fun!
We want to thank everybody for helping us with Jacob and the cattle! We look forward to the fair every year!
Thank you all for checking in! God bless! Scott, Kim, and Jacob

Picking our favorite calves for the fair.



Time to clean stalls.




Waiting to play in the buckets of water.

Taking a break.

Playing tractors with Uncle Mike.


Helping Justis water the cows.

Watching the cattle show


Playing in the chute.


Helping David and Tyler with tie-outs.




Hanging out with the pigs.



This video was taken during the Pride of the County show.
This is when exhibitors bring their calves from their pen classes into the show ring.
Most of the calves are less than green broke and a few caused quite a rodeo this year.
Luckily, Scott's was mostly just stubborn.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, are those the boots I bought him in Texas last year? The ones he has on look nicer then the ones I bought him...like real Justin Ropers or something! I LOVE the Wranglers on the little guy. He looked ready to pick up a showstick and head into the ring!

Anonymous said...

He looks like such a little farm boy!!! Thanks for the pictures.

Love you,
Aunt Gail

Anonymous said...

How cute he is!!! Wranglers look like they are definitely going to part of his wardrobe in the future. He looks so good in them now, how good will he look in years to come?!?!? The boots look so big on his little feet -- could he actually walk in them? I can't believe you actually worried about not having a cute kid!!!
Grandma Cooper

Anonymous said...

I can't tell, but is Scott the one in the video that is closest to the fence and you?
Grandma Cooper

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got the video of Larson's heifer, but you did miss the best part of the rodeo!?! I love the pictures, I'll get mine up for you later today or tomorrow. It was great seeing you all again and I should know by next weekend if I can get the weekend in Oct. off!!!
Nicole

Anonymous said...

I have to agree that the little wranglers are too cute on him!! I bet he had the time of his life at the fair!

Love - Kori