Monday, June 29, 2009

Having a Great Summer

Hello! I have a few pictures and videos from the last couple of weeks! We've been super busy outside since the weather's been nice and sunny! A little update:
Scott's been in the field most every day either spraying or haying. We had a big storm go through on Friday night so that's set him back a few days, but he had a nice little stretch of beautiful weather so we're thankful for that!
I've been able to get outside and work in the garden and flower beds quite a bit the last couple weeks. The Minnesota summers just aren't long enough. I feel like the summer has dwindled away already when I think that it's almost July! I'm praying for a really nice fall since we had such a cold, wet spring! Jacob has also kept me busy with his potty training. As soon as I start a project, he's either had an accident or has to "pawee in da toilweh"! My friend, Jen, came up last weekend to hang out and catch up for a few days! We had such a great time! This weekend my Aunt Gail is flying up to visit for a few days and we're so excited! We love having so many visitors during the summer!
Jacob's been busy playing outside and concentrating on his potty training! He's such an imaginative kid and plays on his own or with the dogs for hours! I can literally pile the sunscreen on him, go and work in the yard for an afternoon and he keeps occupied with his tricycle, wagon, shovel, rocks, soil, and the dogs! I'm so thankful for that!
He's been doing really well with the potty training though we had a few days that drove me to tears. Everything was going great until I left him in a diaper when we went shopping! It was only for a few hours, but for some reason the next day he didn't think he needed to use the toilet! I could have screamed and I did cry! How frustrating! This child would honestly stand right in front of me, wet his pants, and then say, "Uh oh, Mommy." That lasted for three days, but I think we're back on track now! I didn't know if we would make it through that obstacle and I hope it doesn't happen again, though I'm sure it will! Such a little stinker!
That's it for the update! Let us know how you all are doing and don't forget to leave a comment!
Thanks for checking in! God bless! Scott, Kim, and Jacob

Jacob's best friends, Ellie and Turner!
They are so patient with him and will spend half a day watching him play!

I was mowing one afternoon and saw Jacob run into the house. Thinking he had to go to the bathroom, I ran to help. He met me at the door with his loader tractors and a wagon! He really needs a sandbox, I guess!

He was so, incredibly proud!

Savanna, Daniel, and Matthew came to visit one morning so we took them to see Hot Dog and Pizza!
Daniel wasn't sure he wanted to get into the pen...

Matthew wasn't sure he wanted to go into the pig barn...

But Savanna offered to feed the pigs all by herself!

Jacob was thankful that somebody else was willing to feed the pigs and he didn't have to!

Pizza, I think! He's super friendly! Hot Dog is another story. He's ornery and likes to start trouble!


Pizza and Hot Dog having some fun! They get really wound up when we come in to see them! It's a bit overwhelming for Jacob, but he's getting used to it! The pigs have gotten pretty friendly with us. Sometimes too friendly. They like to chew on our clothes and shoelaces and get a little rammy with Jacob at times.




Bedtime books! Every night I read a couple of books to Jacob, usually "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" and "Barnyard Dance". Jacob has figured out how to prolong his having to fall asleep. He will ask for more milk, ask to go to the bathroom, ask for me to lay down with him, ask for me to read more books to him, ask for Daddy to read books to him, and then ask Kendall to read books to him. I started falling for this routine, but recently we've put our foot down with just a few books by one person and that's it. Now, after he's been read two or three books, Jacob goes on to read books on his own. My favorite is when he reads "Brown Bear,...", but I haven't been able to catch that one on video yet. I'm not sure what he's reading in this video but it still cracks me up. I'm sure by the time their children are two and a half most people have long lost the monitors, but I can't help it; I LOVE listening to him at night! You'll notice at the end of the video he says, "Eee Ehn." The End.



Kendall and I were working out with the Wii a few days ago and Jacob was trying so hard to join us. After we finished, I put on Mario Kart to see if he could maybe pick up on it. He's never really played Wii before but always wants to. He couldn't quite figure out that you had to hold the button down, though he did follow our instructions pretty well! We've got to get him well-practiced for when Aunt Kori and Uncle Ben come up to visit!

6 comments:

Jen Robinson said...

I miss you guys already!!!! By the next time I come visit...Jacob will probably be potty trained and Lena will be potty trained too maybe. Ok, she won't be potty trained but maybe she will be trained not to jump up so much and scare Jacob.

Oh I think you need to take a picture/video of him saying "bale or baler" and put it on here. That was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Love ya and miss ya!
~Jen

Anonymous said...

Jacob is all farm boy! He reminds me of my 2 when they were little. We were always outside. Add a few balls to play with and that was pretty well our days too. Take care. Keep on blogging because I keep on checking in.
Connie

Grandma Cooper said...

I checked out your new pictures yesterday but couldn't get any sound on the videos. I didn't want to leave a comment until I could hear Jacob "read" but this morning I tried and still don't have sound!! I guess I'm going to have to shut this down and see if re-starting will help. A sandbox seems like a good idea, but on the other hand, I bet Jacob likes the rocks in the dirt he plays with now! Love the picture of Jacob with Ellie and Turner!

Anonymous said...

I see he is getting get use out of the wagon I sent home with him. Dad

Mandy said...

I can't believe how big he is getting!!! Can't wait to see you guys in less than a month. Keep the good weather up there for us!

Rankin Family said...

awh!! love the comments on the pictures!
This kids had so much fun with Jacob and keep asking when they can play again!