Thursday, July 12, 2007

Jacob and The Girls

We made it to Illinois safe and sound in a not so impressive thirteen hours. Jacob made it very clear to us within the first hour of our trip that he does not approve of traveling through the night. After taking twice as long to get to our first stopping point, the idea of flying was seeming more and more appealing. Finally, after four hours of travel and three prior attempts at putting Jacob to sleep by pulling over to feed and rock him, Jacob fell asleep and stayed that way for a couple of hours. That is, as long as we didn't slow down, stop, turn the radio up, or talk above a whisper. Needless to say, despite all the advice to travel at night with children, we will not be traveling at night with Jacob again; at least for a long time anyway.
I took these pictures after sneaking up on Ella and Jacob playing. Ella came in with a piece of string cheese and it was driving Jacob absolutely crazy not being able to grab it from Ella! He sat yelling at her and she would just scoot away from him inch by inch.
All of the girls are wonderful with Jacob! They play with him nonstop and as soon as he starts getting a bit fussy, Emma and Anna run to him immediately; Emma singing "Skidamirink" and Anna singing "Pat-a-Cake" as fast as they can! Jacob usually responds with big smiles and cackles! What lifesavers! I wonder if they'd move to Minnesota to entertain our child!
The other picture is of Emma trying her hardest to feed Jacob prior to his nap! Of course, he would not cooperate! Emma was very persistant, but Jacob would not give in!
I realize now, I haven't gotten a picture of Jacob and Anna. I'll have to work on that this weekend!







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you got some pictures of Jacob and the girls in the pool!!! I never did get to see all of them in the pool at the same time!!

It won't be long before Jacob figures out how to move forward to get what he wants!! Then watch out, Ella!!!

Anonymous said...

LOOK AT HIS BELLY!!! THAT IS TOO FUNNY!!!

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWW how stinkin' cute are my nieces and nephew!! I wish I could be down there right now watching them all together playing and taking care of one another!! HOW MUCH FUN!!! I can't WAIT till Labor Day weekend to be home again to see the girls and to see them play with Jacob. Oh, I spose I am ready to see the rest of my family too! I miss everybody soo much!! (As you can tell, I'm a bit lonely and homesick with Kim and Scott gone)

Love you all!!

Kendall :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kendall!!

I've been wanting to call you but my phone is broke, I'm getting a new on on Sunday. Anyway, I miss you sooooooo much!!! I actually just told Randy that this morning!!
I'll be calling you soon.

Love you and Miss You,
Aunt Gail