Monday, July 30, 2007

Doggy Biscuits and Cuddly Ducks

I apologize for not posting for a while. I think that it has hit us that summer is almost over, as it always does about this same time every year, and we have been busy cramming activities into our schedules. Oh yes, we have also been busy most nights working on Kendall's apartment in hopes that one night she might actually stay there and call it home. She braved the lonely apartment last night for the first time, even after our friends teased her all evening about ghosts and murders; poor girl! Maybe by the end of this week she'll have all of her wardrobe, which covers the spare bedroom's floor, moved into her new home also! One step at a time, I guess!
Anyway, my point was that we've been busy.
As you can probably guess, our little steak (Scott's favorite nickname for him - Jake the Steak) has been busy also. He's growing like a weed and is almost on the move! He now weighs in at 18 pounds 5 ounces and has bravely made it through cutting his two bottom teeth! I'm still trying to get a picture of them for you! Also, Jacob has almost figured out how to get up on his knees, however our encouragement seems at times, to hinder his progress! Once he's finally made it into crawling position, we cheer, he gets excited and immediately plops back onto his belly flinging his arms and legs around in excitement! Somehow, however, he seems to get across the floor, though I don't think he knows quite what he's doing to get there.
Jacob has also started some new sleeping habits like...sleeping through the night; not every night, but most. Every once in a while he'll start screaming without even really waking up. He doesn't even usually have his eyes open during this time, but it is impossible to get him settled down without a bottle. He has also (knock on wood) started falling asleep on his own in the crib! It doesn't happen every time I lay him down, but it's working more and more often. After I lie him down he'll kind of talk himself to sleep and, the past few times, he's had to pull either his blanket or a stuffed animal up to his mouth to suck on a couple of times before he's completely out! I wonder if we have another Anna on our hands!
Anyway, here's a picture of him cuddled up to and sucking on a duck that our friend, Max, gave him. The other pictures are of his first experience with teething biscuits, which remind me of doggy biscuits! What a mess!! That's all I have to say! He absolutely loves them, but oh my goodness, they are messy!
I'll keep working on the tooth pictures! Thank you all for checking in and we hope you are enjoying your summer! Take care!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,

Did you get my message about my computer??? It's all Apple's fault! I will get more pix posted of Jacob as soon as I get my new hp computer delivered!!!

Otherwise, I remember Kendall leaving those half-eaten, soggy biscuits around our house growing up! Yuck! They're horrible to step on!!!

Anonymous said...

Those biscuits are the most disgusting things!! First they get all mushy and then they dry so hard on the skin you have to take a 45 minutes bath to soften it up again so it will come off!!

He's still awefully cute though!!

Take Care,
Aunt Gail

Anonymous said...

okay everybody...i just wnat you to know that i have nicknamed him spike...if you look at the top of his hair you can see why..it sticks STRAIGHT up!!! and the other day when we were swimming...scott's hair did the same thing....like father like son...but just so you know..i don't call him spike all of the time..cause that's just weird..spike was my first steer's name...so i can't call my first nephew that... :) love
aunt kendall

Anonymous said...

oh and kelly..when i read yours i was about to say "i did NOT eat those doggy biscuit things at your house nor did i leave food laying around!!"....but then i read the rest of the sentence :) (this is written by kendall again)

Grandma Budke said...

These pictures of Jacob ,especially
the last one smeared with biscuit dough but smiling like a little smart boy are just darling!!!Glad to hear that he's really getting around! Good times are upon you now
that he's sleeping on his own and
through the night mostly. Can it be that the fussy baby is growing up?What fun,watching him grow!!!
I LOVE blogging!!!

Anonymous said...

So cute! James hasn't had those but made just as much of a mess with a graham cracker. James is trying to figure out how to get his shirt off he just lost his pants... ? Better go but I love the pics of Jacob and can't wait to see him!
Alissa