Yes, Jacob has figured out how to talk on the phone! A couple of nights ago, he spotted the phone on the floor next to the couch, where Scott was laying. Instantly, you could hear him huffin' and puffin' to get over to it before Scott grabbed it from his reach! He swiped the phone off of the floor, put it up to his ear, and started blabbing!! Scott and I laughed hysterically at Jacob's serious face and "conversation"! He's so BOSSY!! Whoever he was talking to on the phone that night sure got an earful! Anyway, Jacob kept this up for a good hour and a half until our phone died. So, Scott ran out to his truck to get Jacob's play phone and then he started in on that! It was so entertaining and we got a few pictures of his comical conversation.
This morning, Jacob discovered his top fangs by grinding his bottom teeth with his top. I tried to get a picture of his top teeth, but it didn't turn out too well. You can barely see them in the close-up. Jacob also had his first taste of scrambled eggs this morning and, as you can see, they ended up everywhere! He loved the eggs! Every time I put more on his tray, he lunged towards them with a grunt, kicking his legs! He's definitely a part of this family, very enthusiastic about food! He's started the puppy dog begging now! This morning Scott was eating cereal and up to the chair pops Jacob, bouncing and grunting while staring at Scott's bowl! He's so much fun!
5 comments:
How funny!!! And it looks like his hair has really grown!! We don't see too many pictures of the back of his head and I'm surprised at how long his hair is!! Sometimes it looks like it's kind of fuzzy, do you suppose he might have some wave or curl in it? How come his nose is always "bunged up"?
The dishwasher door got him this time! He likes to help with dishes and he hit his nose on it.
Yes, we think he might eventually have some wave in his hair. The back is really fuzzy like my hair and the top is really straight like Scott's! Maybe he'll have a curly mullet!
If he is loving the phone now, wait till he's about 14!! And are we surprised he is a talker?? I bet it comes from his great genetic pool!!
Kim,
Believe it or not, but today Tua made her first phone call! She was in her crib and pulled my phone off the dresser somehow. When I came in she had the phone among other various items in the crib with her. Later on in the day, Cydil called me asking if everything was alright because she received a call from me, but all she could hear was Tua crying. I told her I didn't call her, then I put two and two together...somehow she opened the phone, punched in my sister's speed dial # and pushed send! I'm glad that was the only call she made.
Kim,
I loved it when our girls would do that. Ella still does it today! It is amazing what they learn from watching us!
Can't wait to see you all in November!
Aunt Karen
Post a Comment