Monday, August 6, 2007

Come To The Fair

Well, again, I apologize for just now getting more pictures up! Last week was super busy as we were enjoying our county fair. Jacob spent the majority of four days at the fair and was such a trooper! He meshed well with the cattle crew and was such a good sport about being confined mostly to somebody's arms or his stroller! Here are some pictures from the week!








Scott showed four pen classes: cow with heifer calf, cow with bull calf, replacement heifer, and replacement bull. The day went really well for him. He received Grand Champion for his cow/bull calf pair and Reserve Champion for the other three pens. It was a really good day!




Jacob watching the cattle show and gnawing on his ear of corn.


Scott showed this heifer in a class called "Pride of the County", which involves bringing calves up to the arena that haven't been weaned or halter broke yet. It was a spur of the moment decision for him as he pulled the heifer up to the show ring with four people pushing the calf behind him! It was quite the rodeo, but it was worth it; she won the class!


Jacob couldn't keep his eyes off of our bull!
I couldn't imagine how big the bull must look through Jacob's eyes.





Scott and Jacob with one of Scott's classmates and his twin girls, Nataly and Nora.
The twins are three weeks older than Jacob.

Grandma Anderson and I worked at getting a picture of Jacob's teeth. If you zoom in, you can see two little white teeth sticking out!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are good, Kim!!! I wish you'd put captions under the ones of Scott with your friends holding Jacob, I'm not sure who is who. The sixth picture down from the top really makes Jacob look full in the face --- I'm sure it's the angle of the camera, he looks so much older in that picture!!! It's just hard to believe that he's seven months old now!!! And a little cattleman at that, too!!!

Anderson said...

The one in yellow is Matt Larson and then Danny, his brother, is standing in the middle. The girl with the hat on holding Jacob is Danny's wife, Nicole.
We're so glad he did so well at the fair since we're hoping to go to another cattle show next weekend.

Anonymous said...

And this is Sharon, who got to hold Jacob and actually got him to sleep!! That's not an easy job. And Danny, Nicole and Matt are my kids. David held Jacob too, but must not have posed for the big picture event.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

I thought in the six picture down looked like maybe he was filling his pants!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't seem to zoom in on Jacob's "tooth" picture. How would I do that? Some pictures I can maximize but I can't this one.

Anonymous said...

Gail, you would think that!!! I'm sure he wasn't!!!

Good picture of Kendall, Kim and Jacob, I thought!

Anonymous said...

I like the blue shirt, Kim. It really looks nice on you!!

Anonymous said...

I love all the comments..and yes, Sharon did an AMAZING job with getting Jacob to sleep!! And I have to say that Jacob was SO good at the fair, probably because he's a little people watcher like the rest of us!! Love you all and miss you tons!!

Kendall

Anonymous said...

You can see Jacob's two teeth if you set that picture as your background on your computer.
Grandma A.

Anonymous said...

I can see Kim's face in the one picture of Jacob at the fair. He does resemble his mommy too. I get on the blog at least once a week. It is so much fun to read about all of you and to watch your baby grow.