Thursday, March 15, 2007

Another round of shots for Jacob, please!

Before we left for the basketball game! These aren't the best pictures, I know. I had the wrong flash on so his eyes look a bit freaky! Also, I forgot the camera at home so I didn't get any photos of him at the game! Sorry! I did remember everything else though! I was quite impressed! Scott even found a pair of tennis shoes from Grandma Anderson to put on him but we didn't get a picture of them. We'll work on that! Promise! Anyway, Jacob loved his first basketball game and he loves watching it on TV with Daddy too! The noise and all the colors to look at kept him very wide-eyed and interested!

If only he knew what was coming! Pre-shots pictures!
Actually, these could just as well be post-shots pictures also!
We were going to get pictures of him at the Dr.'s office, but Daddy didn't get to come with!

Though it may sound cruel, Scott and I are wondering how we can get Jacob some more shots! Yesterday was great! Despite the pain Jacob went through with the three needle pricks, he was a completely content and, for the most part, happy baby!
Though I was a bit hesitant at first, Jacob and I ran some errands in town after his appointment. He was calm and cool in his car seat the entire time. This wasn't too surprising, I guess, considering he loves car rides! However, I was even more nervous about coming home and the upcoming evening. After we got home, Jacob ate and immediately fell sleep next to me without putting up a fight. I assumed this was due to the busy morning we had. I figured I would let him sleep on my bed since he had a painful morning, so I let him be. I had to wake Jacob up about an hour and forty-five minutes later in order to get him ready to go to Grandma and Grandpa Anderson's. He was perfectly happy; smiling and cooing! I had to serve supper at church, so they said they would watch him and bring him into services for me. I warned them that he had been sleeping and that he might be fussy for the evening from his shots and if he was, they didn't have to bring him in or they could call me. Well, I didn't hear anything and it came time for church. In came Grandma, Grandpa, and a very content Jacob. They said he was fine; he ate and slept. Okay, I thought, he's saving it up for Daddy and I! Jacob and I got home from church to an anxious Daddy (he hadn't seen Jacob most of the day). Jacob shocked us both! Instead of his usual eight o'clock crabbies, he had eight o'clock happies! He played with Daddy for over an hour, finally got hungry and ate! I laid Jacob down in his crib, not quite asleep yet and he was out...until five in the morning! I kept waking up to make sure he was still breathing! I couldn't believe it! When he did finally wake up, it wasn't even a scream that woke me! He was just moaning a bit, so I fed him and he was out again until nine o'clock! Honestly, where can we get more of these shots!
Jacob, for the first time, actually slept like a baby and was happy most of the day! He really didn't have a crabby time! What were they talking about, fussy? I'm sure tonight, however, we'll back to our normal "every three hours" routine and the fussiness that keeps Scott and I spinning!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE the adidas pants...i can't wait to get to hold him again!! especially since he seems a bit happier these days!

love

aunt kendall

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the soy milk is kicking in? Are you still giving that to him? Arlene had to give it to Nick, and she said it didn't kick in right away...it was a week or so later and it was like he was a different baby overnight....from screaming and fussy to very happy most of the time. Wonder if that's the case for you too?

By the way, Uncle Nick will be a big fan of the onesie in the first picture...you know how he loves t-shirts with fun sayings on them!

Love you!
Aunt Kelly

Anonymous said...

Aunt Kelly,
We started the soy milk for his night feedings last weekend and as of Thursday, we quit giving him breast milk. He's been really crabby today so we're wondering if the change in the complete diet is the reason. He was doing so good on it at night so hopefully in a few days we'll see the same results as Arlene did. I told Scott that Nick was given soy milk and he said, "Whoa, what if Jacob grows on this stuff like Nick did!"