Friday, March 2, 2007

The Next Group of Visitors Arrives!






Well, after being on the road for 24 hours (17 of which were spent in the truck), Nick and I finally arrived! Travelling yesterday was miserable with many hours spent in the 30-45 mph range. But, we made it! And, there a beautiful sign courtesy of Emma greeted us at Kim and Scott's door! Master Jacob was in the middle of a bottle; so, I took over and got to spend a little QT right off the bat with the little guy! He's adorable....love the hair....wary on the little guy's lungs though! Like the others, I now understand the unreturned phone calls too now! Wow!

Last night it was great to have a homecooked meal after being on the road for 24 hours. Whoever made supper, thank you! It was great! After that, I sat down to put together my new camera and try it out. I've had it now for over a week, but I've been on the road for work and haven't had a chance to try it out. Needless to say, the pix aren't the best yet....I need to make some adjustments on the settings. But, there's a sampling of the pix below! If I have time later, I will upload all the rest to kodak gallery so everybody can look through all of them.

Here are some of my favorite tidbits from the last 24 hours that I want to remember about the first part of this trip:

*Ella constantly sitting with her hands out wanting to hold baby Jacob saying "baby, baby, baby" constantly.
*Nick and I only seeing one truck plowing snow the whole way up here and joking that MN needed to raise their taxes so they could afford to hire a second snowplow.
*Seeing the "Bemidji - 89 miles" sign and almost crying in excitement.
*In the last 30 miles of the journey Nick saying to me, "I'm going to pull over here along the side of the road. You go out into those trees and find a branch and come back here and beat me to death with it."

Right now, Kori is asleep with me here at the hotel...Nick stayed back at the house to play cards with Kim, Kendall, Mike and others. I'll post more pix as soon as I get some taken (Aunt Gail!!!).

Love you and miss you all!
Kelly

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Everyone!!! I am so glad you guys made it up there. I commented yesterday but I must have pushed the wrong button - it is not on the blog. Jacob is living up to the family's standards - has to be the cutest boy in the world. (and from everyone's comments also has the family's lung power!!) After reading and looking at pics I am so jealous - wish I could be there too. Aunt Stacy

Anonymous said...

MEEEE TOOOO!!! I can't believe they are playing cards without me!! I was wondering if Jacobs screaming fits come about at or near the same time every day? Matt when through quite a few months where he screamed non stop with nothing to comfort him from about 6 pm to 7-7:30 pm every night. Just wondering. And Kelly, thanks for the pics. I do check this many times during the day and love the pics of Jacob and family and the comments on the blog.

Have fun!!
Aunt Gail

Anonymous said...

His crying has no pattern, Gail. It isn't like Ella's either where it was a certain time period at night, it is anytime, any place for him! Don't worry, though, we're still enjoying every minute with him!

Aunt Karen

Anonymous said...

Give him a squeeze for me will ya? Maybe he just has too much energy and the only way to work it out is with a screaming session!

Have Fun,
Aunt Gail

p.s. has your mom arrived yet???