Grandma and Grandpa headed back home this morning and we're already missing their help! We really enjoyed their visit and I'm really enjoying my clean windows that Grandma left behind! Crazy Grandma, cleaned windows on her vacation! Anyway, here are some pictures from the weekend! Grandma had a crash course on some of the tricks to getting Jacob to sleep and Jacob enjoyed Grandpa's beard, as you can see in a couple of the pictures! It was so nice to have all the extra help, especially early in the morning. It was a good thing Grandma and Grandpa are early birds....so is Jacob!
Thanks for all the help!
6 comments:
Oh my gosh! Look how big he looks on mom's lap!
He looks so happy in those pictures...looks like he enjoyed Grandma and Grandpa Cooper visiting!!
Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!
Love you!
Aunt Kelly
Such a joy to see Mark and your mom
having such a good time with Jacob
and he's having a great time with
them from the looks on all faces.
I'm certain they've had a nice visit with the Minnesota Bunch, seeing Jacob in person HAS got to be loads better than watching him via blog.
Love, Grandma B.
What fun he is!!!! I can't wait for them to get down here so you all can experience the "fun Jacob" (and the heavier Jacob)!! Watch out, though, if Kim asks you to put him to sleep!!! He's such a smart kid -- I found out first-hand. Kim asked me if I wanted to try to get him to sleep, and I foolishly said, "Sure!" (I've put a few babies to sleep but forgot that Jacob is no "normal" baby when it comes to going to sleep.) I went to sit in the rocker, and the fun began!!! Even before I got down in the seat, his back arched, and he cried. No, make that screamed!!! Arched back and screams - that's what he does each time you try to get him to rest. And I don't mean "scream" like "cry", I mean "scream" like "SCREAM"!!!!! While he's screaming, Kim said, "Try singing to him, something like "Jesus Loves Me". So I started singing. Just got started on it the second or third time around and he quieted (but continued to breathe hard). I think the first time I "got" to do this, I sang that song probably 50-some times. (Good thing it's a good song to sing!!) Then, of course, he was not asleep, he was just quiet enough that you could give him his bottle!!! What a character!!! He plays and plays and plays and just does not want to give it up for a nap. And they're short naps, too! I thought he might be good for a two-hour nap, but, no, make it 20 minutes or so. But he's sooo happy when he's awake, playing on the floor, scooting on his back all over the place, jumping in his jumperoo, and talking all the time!!! We had a blast with him and can't wait for their Illinois visit in a couple weeks! Also enjoyed visiting with Kim, Scott,Kendall, and Scott's parents and uncle, and Mark found some great buys at some antique shops, so it was a really good trip!!
I can't believe how big he looks in Grandma's lap either!! Ruth I'm glad you guys had such a good time. I personally can't wait to see him and his parents in a couple of weeks too. What day should we expect them??
Aunt Gail
I have to give some credit on here. After you've all read about the major task it is to get Jacob to sleep, I have to congratulate Kendall! Last night, I had a meeting and Scott wasn't going to be home in time to watch Jacob so Kendall said she would! I told her I'd be home by the time he had to go to bed so she wouldn't have to go through his fit-throwing ordeal! Well, the meeting ran late and I came home appologizing to Kendall, who was holding a sleeping Jacob in the rocking chair. She whispered to me, "Don't worry, I have conquered putting your son to sleep! YES!" She said she just held him tight while he threw his fit and finally he gave into the bottle and fell asleep! Good job, Kendall! It takes courage!
Kim
Young Kendall To the Rescue!!!
Congrats Kendall!!
Love you guys,
Aunt Gail
Post a Comment