Yesterday was Great Grandma Rankin's birthday so Aunt Kendall, Jacob and I met Uncle Darrell, Nick, Amy, Savanna, and Daniel at the Good Samaritan (Grandma's nursing home) for dinner to celebrate! They give us our own little dining room and serve a meal with ice cream sundaes afterwards! It was a wonderful time as Grandma was wide awake! She was making her usual expressions when asked about Nick and I getting into mischief...okay, strike Nick from that sentence...when asked about me getting into mischief. Anybody whose visited Grandma knows that she loves to hold soft objects. Most often she has a pillow or stuffed animal clutched in her grip. Yesterday, we set Jacob in her lap for some pictures and she didn't want to let go. And, when I first set him on her lap, I tried to move her arms so they were around him a bit more and she gave me a look as if to say, "I've held a few babies before, Kim. I think I can handle this one." Nick got the moment caught with the camera. It was quite humorous!
Monday, June 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Kim, these are sooo good!!! These have to be the best pictures of Grandma I've seen!!! Did you say she is 86? Thanks so much for putting these on. I'm going to call Connie Friedrich because Lyla has been wanting to see pictures of Grandma. She'll really appreciate these.
I believe she is 86. I should have asked Dad this morning when I talked to him to make sure. I think she was born in 1921 and Grandpa was born in 1919. I'll try to find out for sure.
Kim
I agree with Ruth, these are the best pictures of Margaret that I've seen. She looks so healthy and it is obvious she likes holding Jacob.
Take Care,
Aunt Gail
I have to comment also on how grown up Daniel looks too! Even though it was only a year ago since I saw him he seems to have gone from a baby to a little boy very quickly!
Aunt Gail
Kim,
Please upload the pix of Grandma to kodak so that we can order copies if we want! She looks so good! I think I want copies of them!
I'll upload them to the yahoo page with the rest of the pictures. There's a link to it on Jacob's page.
It was so good to see Margaret
looking so healthy in the pictures of her birthday party and enjoying holding Jacob! She certainly looked far better than I expected and it's great all of you helped her observe her 86th birthday!!!
What a nice bunch of kids we have in this family, I'm proud!!
Grandma Budke
Post a Comment