Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Miraculous Mobile!





As we've noticed more and more Jacob's urge to look around at whatever he can catch with his big eyes, we decided to invest in a mobile! We had already upgraded his crib with the Rain Forest Sounds, Lights, and Motion Soother since he loves noise...especially running water! Last weekend we purchased the Rain Forest Mobile! Who is more entertained; Jacob watching the mobile or Mommy and Daddy watching Jacob watch the mobile? His eyes open wide once we put the mobile in motion. This crib upgrade comes complete with remote control, musical selections including: Bach, Beethoven, and Mozart and moving leaves that give a certain "Little Shop of Horrors" vibe!! Anyway, it catches Jacob's attention for a few minutes at least and we enjoy watching him stare at and talk to his new little rain forest friends!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't get over how big he's gotten!!! And I'm thinking you're not going to be able to get much more in that cradle and fit him in there, too!!! He looks so content watching his mobile, it's hard to imagine him upset, but I DO KNOW how he can be!!!! I can't get the other pictures, either, and I'm wondering if Gail got them.
Love you!
Grandma Cooper

Anonymous said...

As you can tell, I check the blog more than once a day!!! Thanks for the new pictures. He looks so big now!! Again, I hate it that I can't be there for the baptism. And yes, Grandma Cooper I did get the pictures. I got them at home and at work. I check the blog at both places so Randy can see the pictures too!!

Take Care
Aunt Gail

Anonymous said...

I check it many times a day too! I couldn't get the pix at work...but I get them at home!

It looks like his face is filling out so much! I'm glad that the mobile seems to be doing the trick for now!!!

Can't wait to see you in a week or so!!! I bought a new computer this weekend to hopefully use with my new camera when it comes in!!! Can't wait!!!

Love you and miss you!
Aunt Kelly

Anonymous said...

it's going to be so CRAZY to see him all grown up and not be a newborn anymore! i CAN NOT wait to get to hold him...well, until he cries, and then i'll probably pass him off..haha..love you!!

aunt kendall

Anonymous said...

Kendall,

While CAN and NOT are two separate words, CANNOT is spelled as one word!

Scott, I heard you wanted lots of comments posted...but, I didn't hear that they had to do anything with the actual blog!!! :)

Kel

Anonymous said...

I know Jacob has gotten big, but I'm afraid he's going to get swallowed up by the mobile. Could you find a bigger one. It must be the mach-daddy of baby mobiles!

Love you all!
Aunt Karen

Anonymous said...

In reply to Karen's entry, I couldn't agree more!! I have never seen such a huge mobile!!!

And while I'm at it, Kelly you better take lots of pictures and post them immediately when you're up there!!

Love you Guys,
Gail

Anonymous said...

dear miss i went to the UofI and think i'm better than everybody else:

i KNOW that cannot is one word but when i put it together it did not give the emphasis that i wanted it like i CAN NOT believe..and so on..please understand that I only attended a measly community college..but i do believe my classes were probably harder than some of your classes combined. thanks and i am COMPLETELY joking aobut it all cause i know you take offense when i say stuff about the UofI..so it is a complete joke and you caught me on a spelling error..thanks :)
Kendall

Anonymous said...

Dear Auntie Kendall,

Recently I heard that the U of I retired their beloved mascot, the Chief. I have heard from Aunt Kelly that you are very anti-Illini. Are you involved at all with the half-quacked group that politically sabotaged the beloved Chief that my daddy so very loved???

Sincerely,
Your nephew Jacob

Anonymous said...

Gail,

I just checked my new the tracking number for my new camera...it's due to arrive tomorrow! Rest assured, I will be experimenting heavily with it the week of the baptism!!! I promise I will post often!!!

A very excited Aunt Kelly

Anonymous said...

I love how we can get messages to each other through this blog. So, here's a message for Kim and Scott,
WE NEED MORE NEW PICTURES!!!!! I'm bored with the mobile now.

Love,
Aunt Gail

Anonymous said...

jacob, aunt karen has brought it to my attention that i am the only one who has not left a comment on your blog..i am very sorry....being the unorganized person i am, i got a new computer and did not write down the website for your blog and therefore could not remember what it was..so sorry and i have to say that i cannot wait to see you and hold you!!!! and that your parents must have ordered the mobile from the same place they got that mac daddy stroller from!!!

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen the mac daddy stroller! Post a picture of that on the blog...as long as Jacob is in it!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you'll see the mac daddy stroller. I heard through the grapevine that it had to be taken back --- too big for the trunk!!!!

Love this blog!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Gail has brought it to my attention that I haven't posted yet. So here I am!! I am really sorry I can't be there for the baptism. Would like to plan maybe in the spring/summer coming up? The pictures and commentary are great!! I promise I'll get on more often. Don't those big leaves kind of scare a little person? Jacob was really cute when he was born - unbelievable how he can get cuter with each picture. I really think he needs some CAT. yellow stuff though.