Last weekend, Scott, Kendall, Jacob, and I defied all the odds and finally made it to Grand Rapids, Minnesota for the Itasca County Fair. The wheat harvest was dragging on as the weather would not cooperate for a week and a half, Kendall had to work, and I had job interviews, but we made it. Then, of course, once we got there and I grabbed my camera to take a picture of Jacob with Mike and Sam, I realized that I had forgotten the memory stick in the computer at home. Thank goodness I happened to have two floppy disks, from about four years ago, in my camera case and was able to take a total of about ten pictures (maybe less). So, here are the pictures I was able to get on the disks.
Aunt Kendall was such a great help with Jacob! We called her Nanny all weekend because she spent most of her time entertaining Jacob or getting him to take a nap! It was a lot less of a worry for Scott and I having her there! Jacob was wonderful too! He does such a good job at the fairs and is really warming up to the cows, as you can see from one of the pictures! He's not afraid to pet them anymore and as soon as he hears one "moo" he's turning every direction to try to find it!
We did pretty well at the show! We took a yearling heifer and two heifer calves. The calves had just been weaned and halter broke all in a week and a half so we were proud they behaved and placed as good as they did considering the stress they had been under for the past couple of weeks! Anyway, we had a great time and can't wait for fairs to start again next year!
Here's some pictures of Jacob, Scott showing a heifer calf, and Sam showing one of our heifer calves!
We did pretty well at the show! We took a yearling heifer and two heifer calves. The calves had just been weaned and halter broke all in a week and a half so we were proud they behaved and placed as good as they did considering the stress they had been under for the past couple of weeks! Anyway, we had a great time and can't wait for fairs to start again next year!
Here's some pictures of Jacob, Scott showing a heifer calf, and Sam showing one of our heifer calves!
Thanks for checking in! Oh, by the way, Jacob has almost realized he can crawl (he's doing it but doesn't know it yet) and he's pulling himself up onto his knees to look into his toy box and to look through the bars on his crib (so cute!)! You can really see his two teeth in one of the pictures too!




7 comments:
Ohmygosh!!! That picture of Jacob is great!!! What a cutie and we can actually see his teeth!!! Good one of Kendall and Jacob, too. (Nice pictures of Scott and Sam and the heifers, too! Don't want to leave them out!!) Is Kendall getting over her anxiety of taking care of small children? Nice picture, Kendall!! I CAN'T WAIT for Labor Day weekend to get here!!! (Once again, I can't leave comments on my computer at work, (during my break!) so I have to wait until I get home to do this.)
I loved the picture of Jacob and Kendall too! Kendall, I'm sorry I missed your call last night. I had a horrible migraine and went to bed with my trusty heating pad and tylenol with codeine. I can't wait to see you and hear all about your job and your new apartment. I can't wait to see the whole Anderson clan too.
Kim, thank you so much for all the pictures and blogging you put on. It is sooo nice to watch Jacob grow and hear all your stories.
Love you,
Aunt Gail
I love the picture of him with his teeth! Too cute!
I was at a sprayer show today and when I smelled the cedar chips it reminded me of showing cattle. Funny it was on your blog tonight. The pictures make it look fun, but it's so much work!
my eyes look funky in the first picture..and i am scuzzy in the other picture....someday i will get a good picture of me and jacob..someday...and yes i am getting over my anxiety around small children..i do not get nervous hardly anymore..and YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY i'll be home next weekend!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAY!! :D:D:D::D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D::D:D::D::D:D::D:D:D::D:D:D:D: i am happy :D
love
KENDALL :)
oh and i forgot..the heifer sam has is aka named "Aretha Franklin" and if you just glance at the pic..it looks like he's dancing..which is funny cause i told him if she acted up to just start singin R-E-S-P-E-C-T and she would behave..and everytime i look at the pic i think he is singing and dancing..haha...i'm sure it's just me..KMR
I've really enjoyed the fair pix and do you go to the Minnesota State Fair or just the local county fairs, Scott? I've shared
some of your winnings with my Master Gardener friends and with Keith Worner, our extension officer.
I loved the picture where Jacob is showing his teeth!!
Kim,
He looks like he's grown so much in those pics! I can't wait to see him this weekend.
Take Care
Aunt Karen
Post a Comment