Monday, August 20, 2007

Lake Baby

Back in July, we had a busy week visiting friends and family who traveled to different resorts near our home! First, on Sunday, we ventured to a lake by Park Rapids (a little over an hour South of us) to visit with some of Scott's relatives. Every summer we get to spend a day with Scott's late Great-Uncle Art's (who Jacob was named after) family which would be Tom's Aunt Signe, his cousins and their families. They were all excited to meet Jacob, except for maybe the youngest of the group, Molly. She wasn't quite sure of Jacob and it took the entire day to get her to warm up to him. It was so cute to watch the two study each other!











That same week, on Thursday, Jacob and I made our way East of Clearbrook about an hour in order to visit my friend Mandy and her family at another resort! It was a gorgeous day, despite the rain that morning and talk about a feast too! Oh, and visiting with Mandy was fun also!

I made sure Jacob arrived sporting his Illinois attire and anything else he had in orange and blue for all the Illinoisans at the resort! We had to get a picture of him in the Krause's Illini boat! You couldn't miss it walking up the dock! This day marked a milestone in Jacob's life: his first fall off of a bed! No bruises or broken bones, just a really embarrassed mom!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! And 'Go Illini!'

Jacob's looking like he's getting really long in the first set of pictures with Tom's relatives!!

Anonymous said...

While reading the blog, i thought you were going to say that Jacob fell out of the boat!!! Hope you are all well and can't wait to see you over labor day weekend!!

Hi to Kendall!! I can't wait to see you either!!

Love you,
Aunt Gail

Anonymous said...

I think you could get a few babysitters out of Tom's family!!! And the picture of Mandy and Jacob in the boat is great!!! I enlarged it and kept it on my screen at work. The water was relaxing to look at and Mandy holding Jacob put a smile on my face (and I needed that considering today was our first day of school)!!