Monday, August 27, 2007

On The Move and Getting Sneaky

It's finally happened! Jacob has discovered that he can crawl! Though he's been able to crawl for about a week now, he just realized it two days ago! Yesterday, however he found out that there's so many more places he can roam besides the area around his barn and the office. Last night, I left Jacob in the kitchen while Scott and I discussed something briefly in the office. I turned to walk down the hall, back to the kitchen and was greeted with a determined Jacob, going as fast as his little knees and hands would take him and with a plop down on his belly between every few steps! He acted as if he hadn't seen me for days and was probably thinking, "Could you help me out here a little bit, Mom. This is hard work!" Yes it is, Jacob! Daddy and I have learned we have to stay on our toes so much more! Especially since Jacob almost discovered our stairs this morning!
Jacob is also hearing the word, "no" a lot lately! He loves my plants, the air conditioner and antenna chords, and the plug for the bathtub too! He decided last night that he didn't need any water in the tub for his bath. He was just going to sit under the faucet and shower! He loved it and knew he wasn't supposed to pull the plug. I guess he just couldn't resist!
This first picture was supposed to be taken of Jacob standing at the mirror, but he fell before I got the camera!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh!! He has gotten sooo big and now he's crawling!! I can't wait to see him and the rest of you this weekend!!! I love the shower pictures!

Aunt Gail

Anonymous said...

Get ready for the dirty knees now!!! (Not that your floors are dirty, kids should get so dirty crawling around!!!) Can't wait to see you Friday!!!

Grandma Budke said...

The looks on Jacob's face--in the tub and as he is crawling is absolutely adorable and the double image at the mirror is super! You
have the knack of a photographer at
heart, Kim. Can't wait to see all of you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing your water pressure isn't hard - better not let him do that at my house. We may damage his brain with our pressure!

Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Nick says that last picture looks a little "rankin-ish!"