Well, we didn't go to the market to buy a fat pig as the rhyme goes (one of Great-Grandma Rankin's favorites), but pulling up to our house last night at 12:30am had us doing a jig! Okay, not really a jig; more like a stumble to the door and a fall into bed! It was good to be home! Aunt Karen asks me every time we get ready to leave Illinois on a journey back home, "Isn't it just nice to know you'll be back home and in your own bed soon?" And, every time I reply, "I love being home, but do not like leaving my family!" It's sort of bittersweet! Even more so now with Jacob! But, we make it work with trips and pictures and phone calls! As for my family, we owe them a great big Thank You!!" for all of their help last week! It's so nice to always have someone there to help out with Jacob! Maybe it's good we live so far away as everybody might not be so willing if they were around him more than a week at a time! Seriously though, everybody was a great help: Uncle Chris brought down all their baby gear from the attic for us to use, Aunt Karen and Aunt Kori put in hours of rocking time, Aunt Kelly took so many pictures and entertained Jacob so we could all enjoy his smiles, Aunt Kendall again did her goofy dance to get Jacob to laugh and smile, Emma, Anna, and Ella took turns holding Jacob so he could watch TV (who said it's not a good babysitter!), Grandma Cooper and Aunt Stacy kept Jacob entertained outside while I shopped at Old Navy...I could keep going and going but I hear a baby whining through the monitor so I'd better hurry!
Anyway, here are some pictures that were taken after my deleting mishap! I so wish I had more to share. As soon as I get Aunt Kelly's pictures, I'll post more for you all to enjoy!
A little about our trip home yesterday: Poor Jacob was used to the six hour trips in the car and so he thought that this trip should end after about six hours also. The last four to five hours of our drive yesterday were challenging! We started off great with only a couple stops and zero traffic jams going around the twin cities. That's where the smooth sailing ended. Jacob was ready to quit. We stopped and took a long stretch at Arby's, and then another at a rest stop, and then another in a parking lot, and then another in another parking lot, and finally we made it home! The last four hours were tough but we survived and Scott did a wonderful job driving despite the missing piece of our bumper on the front of our car. We hit a raccoon right before Bemidji and lost a good chunk of the front of our car! We'll have to snap a picture of it for you. It looks as though a small deer hit our car not a pesky raccoon!
The whine has progressed to a scream now, so I'd better go tend to young Jacob! Enjoy the pictures and I'll try to post some from Easter morning for you soon!
Thanks for your patience!!
This is the first picture I've looked at and thought Jacob might look a tiny, tiny bit like me...or maybe Aunt Kelly!
6 comments:
Oh my gosh, I miss him already!! I love the pictures! ( I really even kind of like the one of the carseat with his hand sticking out..haha) And doesn't Kyle look GREAT with a baby in his arms!! And for my funny little dance..I do believe it works for a bit with him..you all will be thanking me later when he's got some GREAT dance moves! Love you all and glad you made it home safely, even though a bit of your car got taken out on the way! Can't wait to see you again!
Love
Aunt Kendall
I think that picture looks like us too!!! I can't believe how much he's grown in the last month since we saw him at the baptism! I promise I'll get those pix burned to a CD and in the mail by this weekend! Love you! Kelly
I too think he looks like you in that picture!! Kim and Scott, he is soooo cute, you guys are great parents too. I truly enjoyed getting to meet Jacob and hold him and rock him and listen to his screams. He really is a cute little guy and I can't wait to see him again. I hate that you don't have any pictures of me and Jacob though, I was hoping to make one my desktop picture :( Oh well, maybe next time.
Take care,
Gail
Gail, I'll look and see if there any in my collection that I took....Kelly
I agree with Kendall, the one with Jacob's hand sticking out of his carseat is so funny, I had to laugh out loud!!! Glad to hear you made it back okay with nothing more than your run-in with a raccoon and everyone safe and sound.
I really liked the picture of Kyle and Jacob. Kyle fits the picture,
doesn't he? I've about given up on
those two...Well,after all I guess
Kyle is only going to be thirty
this year so I think I'll hold on a
bit longer...
I'm really proud of all my grand-
children, I get all choked up just
thinking of what great kids you've
turned out to be, but then MY kids
aren't slouches,either!!!!
Love to all of you,
Grandma Budke
I LOVE the pictures of Jacob on the bed!!! I always have the last one on my computer screen at work, and I always get positive comments about it!! They are all so good, I look at them several times a day. Thanks!!
Grandma Cooper
Post a Comment