As most of you know, Jacob is not one who is thrilled about "jumping" into new experiences! He refused to sit in the high chair without screaming the first couple of times and he only preferred the swing in certain circumstances. Well, why would the jumperoo be any different? We put Jacob in it for the first time and, of course, he screamed and screamed and screamed some more. So, we removed him and he sat on my lap and stared at it as if it had wronged him in some way. These reactions, which we experience often, always leave me thinking, "We can take it back or pack it up and store it for the next one, I guess!" But then, I get stubborn and remember that with the high chair, it took a couple of times of screaming and throwing a fit in it for him to realize that it wasn't such a bad place to be after all. So, Jacob had to fight through his fits in the jumperoo a couple of times before he finally realized, "Hey, this is kind of neat!" Now, he still isn't completely sold on sitting in it for any longer than fifteen minutes, but we're getting there. The first pictures are of the day I set Jacob in the jumperoo and he didn't start screaming right away!! YEA!!! Then, after about ten minutes, you can see how he started working up to throwing himself around and letting everybody know he was not happy! The last few pictures are from yesterday. I put Jacob in and he just looked at me like, "What's the big deal, Mom?" He lasted for half an hour while I did laundry! However, this morning, fifteen minutes again! What a kid!!
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Kim,
He looks so much like you in those bottom pictures...especially the third from the bottom!!
Love, Aunt Kelly
You really should quit making him cry - it is so pathetic looking!
Aunt Karen
I think that seat probably scares him!!! Look at those big eyes behind him!!! No wonder he's crying! They definitely should have gone with farm animals instead of jungle animals!!
I, too, love the third from the bottom picture. He seems to have changed so much!
Love you! Grandma Cooper
I love the bottom pictures! That color blue looks so cute on him! And his cute lil pudgy face! I can't believe I get to see him in like 2 weeks!! Haha to all you people in Illinois!! :P
Love
Aunt Kendo
Sure was nice to see Jacob on the computer . This sure is cool I haven't seen him for so long.
Love
Gteat Grandma Hazel
Post a Comment