Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Sunday ended up being a beautiful day to celebrate all of the mothers in the world! Scott and I invited his family to our house for dinner and we had a wonderful time! Jacob decided this would be the one day he would take a long nap at noon, so I had to wake him up so everybody could get a chance to visit with him before they left!
Jacob is showing us more of his personality every day, for instance, a little trait of throwing fits when there is obviously nothing wrong. We came to the conclusion yesterday that Jacob starts throwing a fit and then tries to figure out what it is he wants. It's like a guessing game. He was happy with Grandma, then started throwing himself around and screaming, so Grandpa took him. He immediately changed his mood. Then, after about fifteen minutes, he started it all up again until Daddy took him. Once again, he was instantly a happy baby. After a while, he decided he needed something different again, so Daddy put him in the high chair. He was happy again.
Today, I'm going through the same circus with Jacob. He is really getting too comfortable with throwing fits until I or the right person holds him. Please tell us this is a phase!











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh!!What Are You Feeding That Boy??? His cheeks look soooo Chubby now!!

Aunt Gail

Anonymous said...

He is so cute!! Haha..I love the picture of him and Jon, he looks so innocent! Or he has the face of "Oh, I did something wrong but maybe they won't notice!" I can't wait to see him in a couple of days!

Love
Aunt Kendall

Anonymous said...

Hi!Just wanted to let you know how much I've enjoyed your letters and watching the changes in Jacob. Isn't parenting just GREAT? I'd forgotten the fun of watching your
child go through each stage of physical, mental and emotional growth and reading your comments
just brings it all back!!Enjoy each
moment..this time is very short!!
Love,
G'ma B.